Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [EXTENDED] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)

vamp & werewolf

SlyFox1979
SlyFox1979
✭✭
are they going to balance out these at some point and by balance i mean how most players are looking more for one then the other.

i wanted to take vamp on my sorc but since you are a vamp 100% of the time and you take 50% more fire dmg it makes it unavoidable
but the werewolf being weak to 50% poison only applies when you transform make it a more popular choice for players.

i just ran a bunch of dungeons tonight with some players i just met and we did 3-4 dungeons and at least half had fire and this would be an absolute nightmare as a vamp player i would think.

so does anyone think they will make some adjustments to where both vamp and werewolf are on even ground at some point ?
  • LegionIsAll
    Some races take less fire damage . You really need to build your character around vampire . I personally went with werewolf
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    SlyFox1979 wrote: »
    are they going to balance out these at some point and by balance i mean how most players are looking more for one then the other.

i wanted to take vamp on my sorc but since you are a vamp 100% of the time and you take 50% more fire dmg it makes it unavoidable
    but the werewolf being weak to 50% poison only applies when you transform make it a more popular choice for players.

i just ran a bunch of dungeons tonight with some players i just met and we did 3-4 dungeons and at least half had fire and this would be an absolute nightmare as a vamp player i would think.

so does anyone think they will make some adjustments to where both vamp and werewolf are on even ground at some point ?

I think it is much more balanced then you claim.

Yes the vampire has more debuffs and the debuffs are more prominent. But the buffs you gain are also a lot better. (life drain skill + constant magica and stamina bugg. Werewolves have a much lesser debuff, but also sacrifice an ultimate for it and "only" gain extra stamina. So the balance is perfect in my opinion.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • JerzeyzKing
    JerzeyzKing
    Soul Shriven
    Can someone please help me become a werewolf my psn is jerseyking
  • xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean about fire I'm a vampire lvl 1 on Templar my 2 wear wolf friends thought it would be funny to pick the dungeon that happens to have the most fire. They told me the dungeon is getting ready for the 4 th of July and they need to practice on vampires. :(
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    balance ... you mean like furry vampires ?
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• SlyFox1979
    SlyFox1979
    ✭✭
    what i mean like if i go vampire and have to keep feeding i should be able to reduce fire damage by feeding more or something because i don't really get the point of having multiple levels of vampire anyway.
    and the way vet dungeons are a vampire would get killed quick because of the weakness to fire.
    Edited by SlyFox1979 on June 30, 2015 3:25PM
  • ForgottenHeretic
    I think fire damage on vampires shouldn't be so high anyway due to the amount of fire that's in the game
  • papa1988
    papa1988
    just a quick question, can we bite people in the same alliance? like if I get bitten can I bite a guild member?
  • ForgottenHeretic
    yes you can