The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Y'know what this game is missing?

Lynx7386
Lynx7386
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Scale armor.

8wsHViD.png

I make a bit of armor and outfits for renaissance festivals as a hobby, and I've begun working on a set of scale maille armor. Suddenly it struck me that I've never seen any proper scale armor in this game.

The closest you get is with argonian medium armor, which has a scale-ish pattern to it but doesnt look to be made of metal scales (likely lizard scales, at any rate they're not well enough defined to give the feel of scale armor).

Think they could add a motif with this effect? Maormer (sea elves) could fit the bill, scale seems more like an elvish design and with them being an entirely seafaring race they might mimic the scale patterns on fish and sea creatures.
PS4 / NA
M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice, make sure to share when you're finished.

My character briefly wore a scaled chest piece that looked like a scaled T-shirt.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first time I've tried scale armor, and it's proving challenging (but doable). Normally I deal with mostly leather armor, and the occasional weapon.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank