Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Possible to get the 5 piece perks for 2 crafted sets of armor?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
What I mean by the title: You know how you can craft armor pieces at specific crafting stations to make them part of a set? Since equipping 5 pieces is enough to get all of the perks, I wanted to know if you could get all the bonuses for two sets of armor by equipping 10 items.

Here's a hypothetical example.

I have a helmet, a cuirass, pauldrons, a girdle, and gaunlets, all Twice-Born Star. I also have greaves, boots, 2 swords (dual wielding) and a greatsword, all Way of The Arena.

With this, would I get the 5-piece perks for both the Twice-Born Star and Way of The Arena armor sets?
Edited by Azurephoenix999 on June 27, 2015 5:52PM
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    You would need to experiment, but I think the weapon only count if equipped, a swapped weapon doesn't count as equipped (take for example skills with a passive effect if equipped, they only work if they are on the active skillbar).

Still would be a great way to have the best of both worlds though.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd still appreciate it if someone could confirm. I haven't gotten nearly that far in the game yet.
  • chevalierknight
    chevalierknight
    ✭✭✭
    Yes im useing two can only do it with duel wuild tho
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that you only get set bonuses based on the weapons that are currently equipped - whatever you have on your other bar isn't going to affect you in any way, unless you weapon swap to that bar (and then, of course, you lose the effects of whatever was on the bar that you just swapped from).

So if you're using 2 crafted sets, the best you can get is a 5-piece bonus from one of the 2 sets, and a 4-piece bonus from the other (and you can only get that if you're dual wielding or using sword & board - otherwise the best you can get is a 5-piece bonus from one, and a 3-piece bonus from the other).

This is part of the reason why some of the sets you get as drops (ones that can't be crafted) are considered so valuable - because some of them have jewelry available, so with a set that has jewelry it's possible to have 2 different 5-piece bonuses.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    I can confirm that you only get set bonuses based on the weapons that are currently equipped - whatever you have on your other bar isn't going to affect you in any way, unless you weapon swap to that bar (and then, of course, you lose the effects of whatever was on the bar that you just swapped from).

So if you're using 2 crafted sets, the best you can get is a 5-piece bonus from one of the 2 sets, and a 4-piece bonus from the other (and you can only get that if you're dual wielding or using sword & board - otherwise the best you can get is a 5-piece bonus from one, and a 3-piece bonus from the other).

This is part of the reason why some of the sets you get as drops (ones that can't be crafted) are considered so valuable - because some of them have jewelry available, so with a set that has jewelry it's possible to have 2 different 5-piece bonuses.

They're going to have jewelry crafting at some point though, aren't they? When that time comes it'll be so much cooler. I'd be able to get 5 piece bonuses on two sets even before considering my weapons.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The max you can get out of a crafted set is 9 pieces (7 armor, plus up to two from your mainhand and offhand slot). Weapons equipped on the second weapon slots do not count, only the weapon slot you currently have in your hands counts towards set bonuses.

In order to get 10 items for 2x 5 piece set bonuses, you'd have to be able to craft jewelry, which we cant do yet.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They're going to have jewelry crafting at some point though, aren't they? When that time comes it'll be so much cooler. I'd be able to get 5 piece bonuses on two sets even before considering my weapons.
    Maybe, maybe not. At best, jewelry crafting is on the back burner. I suspect that they don't necessarily want us to be able to craft jewelry pieces for all of the crafted sets, because they haven't balanced those sets around the possibility of being able to get 2 different crafted 5-piece bonuses.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, maybe not. At best, jewelry crafting is on the back burner. I suspect that they don't necessarily want us to be able to craft jewelry pieces for all of the crafted sets, because they haven't balanced those sets around the possibility of being able to get 2 different crafted 5-piece bonuses.

I hope they do allow this. I know it'd be a little OP for someone to have the 5 piece bonuses of two sets at once, but if someone is willing to put the time and effort into crafting the perfect set of armor (I can see you certainly have) then they shouldn't be prevented from doing that just because the developers say you can't. They can't say it breaks the game either as everyone would have the same opportunity to take advantage of it.