The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sorc Ability Queries

Panth141
Panth141
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't run a sorc and haven't done so previously, so I don't know their skill trees - as such I have a couple of questions

1) I keep getting killed by a certain sorcerer who drops shooting star as a finisher whenever I'm below about a third health - noob question, but is there any counter to this? I tried dodge rolling when I hear the sound cue but it seems to track me - I'm a NB so can I vanish away from this, or is this just an inevitable death?

2) What is the debuff that shrinks my health bar down to an embarrassing size?

And this one I guess is PS4 specific -

3) Is anyone else getting locked in combat after respawn in Cyrodiil? I have to wait a solid minute before I can mount up - bit of a nuisance

Thanks!
PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
Dominion
Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Aunatar
    Aunatar
    ✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    I don't run a sorc and haven't done so previously, so I don't know their skill trees - as such I have a couple of questions

1) I keep getting killed by a certain sorcerer who drops shooting star as a finisher whenever I'm below about a third health - noob question, but is there any counter to this? I tried dodge rolling when I hear the sound cue but it seems to track me - I'm a NB so can I vanish away from this, or is this just an inevitable death?

3) Is anyone else getting locked in combat after respawn in Cyrodiil? I have to wait a solid minute before I can mount up - bit of a nuisance

Thanks!

1) If you cloak before the impact the meteor will "miss you" (Don't ask me why)
    2) That could be a DoT, you can remove it with cloak, again :)
    3) Permacombat is common, yes
    @Aunatar
    V16 Sorcerer - Aunatar
    V16 DK - Aunatarans (Currently main)
    V16 DK - Aunatar Evereth
    V16 DK - Aunataran
    V16 NB - Aunatars
    V4 Templar - Lysindel
    Lvl 30 NB - Vile Aunataroni De Pipino
    Free spot, looking for suggestions
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aunatar wrote: »
    Panth141 wrote: »

Thanks!

1) If you cloak before the impact the meteor will "miss you" (Don't ask me why)
    2) That could be a DoT, you can remove it with cloak, again :)
    3) Permacombat is common, yes

Thanks man - will definitely cloak for meteor now

I've just (as we speak) been debuffed by that health-shrinker - tried cloaking to remove it as a DoT but it remained... bit of a pain
    Dominion

Covenant

Pact

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there is only one health shrinking ability, one of the destro staff pbae morphs reduces your maxhealth by 10%
    as it seems you are playing on consoles where you dont see your HP anyway i would guess somthing else is going on probably you´ve have been hit not realizing that.
    fighting sorcs as a NB is rather easy keep rolling, reducing his dmg options to one spell every 4sec wich aint going to kill you...
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• tahoang1988
    1) cloak or block, but if you block then get out of the ground effect it leaves behind.
    2) Its a morph of impulse in the destruction staff skill line that decrease your enemies health by 10% for 30 seconds.
    3) As for this one as far as I know its been a issue since the launch of pc version. So its been a year and no fix.

Also as a heads up non of those abilities are sorc abilities. Meteor is a ultimate from the mages guild skill line.
    Decibel Rage Harbinger of Death
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys - I don't have a real problem with sorcs in general, just this one kept getting me - cheers!
    Dominion

Covenant

Pact