The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question about Crown Store Costumes and Armor

BornPatriot
BornPatriot
Soul Shriven
This may be an elementary question, but I have searched for two days and I can't find the answer. So, I'm sorry if it is noobish, but I want to find out before I spend crowns.

If I purchase a crown store costume armor set (specifically the Armored Knights Pack), does the costume set replace my armor and I have no armor stats, or does it simply change the look of the armor I wear and the stats stay the same as whatever armor I purchase and equip?

Hopefully my question makes sense.
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a costume, a visual only. The costume has no stats. You keep the stats of the armor that you are actually wearing.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just replaces the look, you can still wear whatever you want and benefit from the stats on that.

Hope that answered your question :smiley:
  • TheElitistDuck
    Just the look you keep your armor stats
  • BornPatriot
    BornPatriot
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome! Thank you all very much. That helps a lot.