Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can I use xbox live credit to purchase crowns

FancyTuna8
FancyTuna8
✭✭✭
Hello,
tonight I tried to purchase the $40 pack of crowns on xbox on my wife's gamertag. She has access to my xbox live balance, but it only offered me the choice of a credit card. I don't put credit card info on my xbox, but I have plenty of xbox live gift cards/balance to pay for the purchase. So is it possible to use my xbox live existing balance to buy crowns, or can I only use my credit card for that? Can someone walk me through what I'm doing wrong here please. I want to buy the imperial upgrade and have crowns left over. Thank you.
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    At this point, it's not possible to use xbox credits for ESO plus unfortunately. Supposedly it's coming in a future patch. How soon will this happen, ZOS? I too have points waiting to be spent...
    Livin' the dream...
  • Nénlindë
    Nénlindë
    ✭✭✭
    Jammer480 wrote: »
    At this point, it's not possible to use xbox credits for ESO plus unfortunately. Supposedly it's coming in a future patch. How soon will this happen, ZOS? I too have points waiting to be spent...

That is strange, because we can use PS4 credits.
    Charmander
    every time
    nothing ever beats charmander
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think they sell packs of crowns as add-ons in the Xbox live marketplace.
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    I appreciate the answers.
    I'm not trying to buy ESO+. I have tried to purchase crowns through the crown store in-game, and directly from the store after starting up the system with noting (no
    elder scrolls) running. In both cases, my only choice provided was to enter a credit card. I'm trying to get a straight answer from ZOS at this point of
    "Can I use my xbox live gift cards to purchase crowns?"

I am unwilling to use a credit card when I have over $75 in xbox live credit that I haven't even put on my account yet, plus my existing balance. Please answer, as I am eager to buy the Imperial package, and would rather get a horse sooner than later. Thank you.