The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Shadowfen: The Keystone Quest Consequences

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
What happens if you absorb the keystone?
what happens if you destroy it?

As much detail as you can please, I'm in the middle of this quest right now and would appreciate knowing whether or not I'd be missing out on something.
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it is one of those ...choose between "two red options" type questions, generally it does not make a lot of difference.

Rewards are the same, it just may mean that certain NPCs will spit on you if you didn't do what they wanted, or are nice to you later in game if you did.

Best choose based on how you want to play the game and how your character wants to be role-played <- this is how I choose

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well that made my decision a lot easier, thanks.

All you get for absorbing the keystone is you get to bypass some puzzles in the final quest in the line?

You kidding? The puzzles are fun!
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep, sometimes taking the longer path to solve a quest is more fun
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »
    sometimes taking the longer path to solve a quest is more fun

Indeed it is. Which is why I decided to break the keystone for this quest.

What happens next is
    that you free the tormented spirits by doing so

Edited by Sylianwe on January 10, 2021 11:41PM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹