The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Random question about resetting skills

markt84
markt84
✭✭✭
I'm switching to a staff form a bow for the 2nd weapon setup, and I won't more skill points to use for my passives. Do my skills reset too? Like do I have to level my skills up all over again to morph them? Or I do I keep the same level in that skill line and just morph the standard skill again?
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you respec, you only get the skill points refunded, all skills, and their ranks/morphs keep their progress.
    (small edit) You can reset ALL skill points, or just teh morphs of skills, in the former you reset all, even passives, on the latter, just the morphed active skills and ultimates, preserving all others.

you just go to the shrine , throw 50g coins per point you have spent, and yell 'I WANT A REFUND'
    the product is still tehre, it's open, you used it, but you get the points back.
    yay.
    Edited by Lenikus on June 25, 2015 4:07PM
    ... Mai cave. >:3
    Options
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭
    markt84 wrote: »
    I'm switching to a staff form a bow for the 2nd weapon setup, and I won't more skill points to use for my passives. Do my skills reset too? Like do I have to level my skills up all over again to morph them? Or I do I keep the same level in that skill line and just morph the standard skill again?

If you reset your skill points either with a crown scroll or the shrine, all of your skill points will be taken out of your skill lines, but you will retain the level of skill. For instance, if you wanted to go back to bow again, you could just reallocate your skill points back to that line. Your skills themselves do not reset, just the points to spend on them.
    Options
  • markt84
    markt84
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I was wanting to remorph a skill too, but I'll live it that
    Options
  • jkemmery
    jkemmery
    ✭✭✭✭

You can re-morph them when you reset them too, but you will have to level up the new morph.
    Options
  • markt84
    markt84
    ✭✭✭
    jkemmery wrote: »

You can re-morph them when you reset them too, but you will have to level up the new morph.

So if I reset a skill I morphed completely, I can remorph the original skill immediately, but if I choose a different morph, it just starts at level 1 because I haven't used it....correct?
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So if I reset a skill I morphed completely, I can remorph the original skill immediately, but if I choose a different morph, it just starts at level 1 because I haven't used it....correct?

correct
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is correct.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • markt84
    markt84
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

That is correct.

Thanks a lot
    Options