The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sigh, rip 2 weeks work then

mikey27
mikey27
✭✭
My mate just got the game and forced the issue on me he wanted to be a breton or "human" but im AD so he cant join the same alliance as me, which means ive got to abandon my progress on my imperial in AD, else i cant play with him.
I know he can buy imperial edition or any race any allaince, but who is going to get a gane on a 50/50 call to play with a friend without knowing if they like it and pay 2k crowns to play with me, so now im forced to play a new chacharter in an alliance i didn't originally pick, im not a selfish person so idc about changing alliance even though i love AD, i can make this acc a crafter etc. not a problem but i have spend alot on bag upgrades horse upgrades etc, and ofc i have to start again so hence the title rip 2 weeks, and i wont even have the advantage of knowing the best way to so things etc as ive only played AD before.

To late to affect me, but ZoS should change the any race any alliance paywall lock. It deters people away from the game, I could of said to my mate "Im not starting again" and he'll be like we can still team up though? Ill be like "nope", he'llbe like meh ill wait for a better coop game then.

What im saying is locking people in choosing certain races with certain alliances is bad business, you want to be a khajitt but want to play with a friend in DC, tough!
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Force your mate to buy the explorer pack and roll his Breton in AD. Make him suffer not you ;)
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
    Options
  • Darkohzen
    Darkohzen
    Explorer pack comes if you pre order the game correct?

If so I got the game from GameStop and never preorderd it and it came with the game.. guy was being generous because I bought the warranty like he asked me to :wink:
    Day dreaming created cities
    Options
  • Banky71
    Banky71
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's a bad thing to start fresh and new with a friend you want to play with. Is it really that bad? Come on perk up it will be fun!
    If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.

gamertag - xbone Banky71
    Options
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think starting over to play with a friend would be pretty cool. He wouldn't feel like you got a "head start" and you can experience another race/class to see what it's like!
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Akavir_Sentinel
    Akavir_Sentinel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't even have to pre-order the game. Wal-Mart has ESO:TU with included Explorers Pack on their shelves all day, every day.
    Can't find the items you are looking for? Need a place to trade? We welcome ESO players of all platforms at ESO Trade, the home for trading of goods and services in the lands of Tamriel.
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have characters in every alliance and every class...I'm prepared for playing with everyone. ;)
    Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make him switch. It's his fault, not yours.
    Options
  • Elitetownie
    Elitetownie
    ✭✭✭
    So your friend wants you to throw away 2 weeks of work so he can play human? Thats crazy and your friend is super selfish. I would roll any race my friends were playing if they already started and im sure they would do the same (as they did since i started off first).
    Options
  • Elitetownie
    Elitetownie
    ✭✭✭
    P.S tell your "friend" to shell out the extra cash for the explorers pack problem solved.
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lots of people run characters in all 3 alliances. You're just limiting yourself, no reason to want the whole game to change because of it. No reason you can't have an alt, either. Plus if it already has bag and bank upgrades then you have a ready made mule for your stuff until you want to play him again.

There, Silver Lining :)
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Funkopotamus
    Funkopotamus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paywall= not being able to continue or upgrade your character/gear...
    I wouldn't call the race choice being faction based a "Paywall" it is an option

Also would like to add that the Race/factions are only following the ElderScrolls lore and back story. With that being said "Most" players know what race goes with what faction.

Not trying to come at you sideways about this.. It just gets under my skin when people use the word "Paywall" for things only because it is the latest "cool" word of choice.
    Kinda like YOLO and Swagger..
    Edited by Funkopotamus on June 25, 2015 4:08PM
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" Sallington
    Options
  • Psychobunni
    Psychobunni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mikey27 I think it's pretty cool that you are willing to start fresh tbh. You can pick up a set of rings of Mara if you'd like to move it along a little faster, plus the second time around will go much more quickly than the first.

Also having a crafting/mule alt is nice. My first is lvl 31 and sits in her undies and guild tabbard in Dhalmora crafting hub, her points are reset so they are all free for crafting...you might be thankful later :)
    If options weren't necessary, and everyone played the same way, no one would use addons. Fix the UI!

Options
  • tmacdec
    tmacdec
    ✭✭
    This is why the crown store needs to let you transfer crowns to other players. I wanted to buy a mount for a guild member who performed exceptionally well in a campaign but alas the option is not there
    Options
  • dabulls7491
    dabulls7491
    ✭✭✭
    Tell him to join you, some friend if he makes you start over
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The both of you can have multiply toons. There is no reason to limit yourself.
    Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Force your mate to buy the explorer pack and roll his Breton in AD. Make him suffer not you ;)

I like this solution. :)
    Edited by nastuug on June 25, 2015 5:01PM
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmacdec wrote: »
    This is why the crown store needs to let you transfer crowns to other players. I wanted to buy a mount for a guild member who performed exceptionally well in a campaign but alas the option is not there

Gifting crown items just turns into a way to buy crown with gold, or gold with crown. Either way it turns into a problem when someone gets cheated out of real money and wants ZOS to do something about it.

Options
  • XxTemppyxX
    the worst is when you make the change for the friend..and they end up quitting ..so the time is wasted even more. xD dont rip yet..make sure the friend likes it..and use that character for merely playing with your friend :p
    Riding hard every a shooting star---Come to life, open mind, have a laugh at the orthodox---Come, drink deep, let the dam of mind seep---Travel with great Elan, dance a jig at the funeral. (Nightwish)

Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep both. The lower levels go quickly and you can keep the other character to solo with when you can't play with your friend.

The very same thing happened to me. Was exiting the Wailing Prison and my buddy kept saying, "Have you come out yet?"

I'd say "Yes, I'm at the bottom of the stairs..."

Plus, being a different Alliance, you can always port over when you want a change of scenery or questline.

You've got 7 more slots. Use 'em.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    When my friend bought the game(xbox one) about a week after me I purposely told him to pick a different Alliance to my main so we would both be starting from scratch. That way he wouldn't feel like he was always lagging behind me in levels and equipment etc, and also so I could try a different character, class and story just to see what its like. I obviously prefer my Main(NB, Breton, DC) but I enjoy my Alt(Sor, Altmer, EP) a lot more than I ever thought I would as I never usually pick mage classes.

Don't think of creating a new character for your friends Alliance as a negative, I've actually found it a whole lot more enjoyable.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The other benefit behind keeping it this way, is neither of you will feel like you're 'cheating' if you advance the questline beyond that of your duo.

Ultimately, everyone prefers their main. It's why it becomes their 'main.'

My main was also not my first character, but has certainly logged the most hours.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options