Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This game is so frustrating

Oldycow
Oldycow
I have been out for seven in game nights now just looking for bloodfiends. PLEASE fix this stupid spawn rate and make it easier, it is holding me back from other in game experiences and it is very frustrating and making me want to quit the game just because I can't find a stupid mob.
  • TheBigO5Car
    TheBigO5Car
    Soul Shriven
    It's not ment to be easy it's suppose to be rare
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it was meant that every player could easily be a werewolf (or vampire for that matter) it would have been auto-added as a world skill tree.

Its not meant to be easy. When there are plenty of players with the "gift" and the frenzy of pay for bites disappears you will be able to get a bite for free easily from another player ... and those deliberately killing spawns to inflate the pay for bite market will be bored and go away.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the above.

Keep in mind that it is a dissease. It spreads out quickly. the console game is still very young. But pretty soon it will be as common as the common cold. Still no garantee to catch it. As designed, the best way to catch it is by human interaction (just like the common cold). It works perfectly fine.

Ask yourself this:
    What do you think it adds to your gameplay and experience??

If it is anything coming close to gamebreaking if you don't have it, you are overestimating the effects of the dissease big time.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they will listen to the masses and put the infection on the store for crowns. Put an end once ans for all to price gouging and the griefing associated with it.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on June 26, 2015 12:35AM
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oldycow wrote: »
    I have been out for seven in game nights now just looking for bloodfiends. PLEASE fix this stupid spawn rate and make it easier, it is holding me back from other in game experiences and it is very frustrating and making me want to quit the game just because I can't find a stupid mob.

Seven days and you want this aspect of the game redesigned to suit you?

I would encourage you to relax and focus on other in-game experiences. Or other real life experiences.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully they will listen to the masses and put the infection on the store for crowns. Put an end once ans for all to price gouging and the griefing associated with it.

masses of one ?

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• megatuan
    megatuan
    Mines almost a level 6 vamp.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OzJohnD wrote: »

masses of one ?

Do a quick search of the forums. Plus look at this post and the 100s of others where players are leaving the game because of the grief associated with getting infected. Doesnt take a genius to figure out all that will stop if there is an alternative way to get the infection.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lel at another console whine on not starting game with vamp/ww

They barely started game and already think they cant live without it.
  • ForgottenHeretic
    I think its more the case that it was easy on Oblivion and Skyrim to become a vampire (or werewolf) in comparison to ESO so people are finding it difficult to accept how difficult it is to become one now, Other players do not help either with camping the spawns and trying to charge for bites so naturally it gets frustrating. I myself want to be a vampire but I have seen no bloodfiends (or werewolves either), just big groups of people and I absolutely refuse to pay for a bite no matter whether the person is genuine or a scammer. I hope what people say is right and that people's poor behaviour dies down (hehe see what I did there) and people can get infected the way it was meant to happen more often
  • Jahoel
    Jahoel
    ✭✭✭
    It is harder in ESO to become a Vampire or Werewolf than in other TES games. But I think part of that is the anticipated player interaction. The mobs are rare, indeed. But infected players are not. So it all works out in the end. In fact, once enough players have the diseases, ESO is the easiest one to pick it up in, I think. "LF vampire bite" on my PC alt. Moments later I'm infected at no charge by someone I've never met. Console will be like that before long. Don't worry. And don't let the griefers get you down. Cant let rude, ignorant people sour your life by any means.

Good luck all you lil Twilights. When you finally pick up your vampirism please leave complaints about camo hunter and fire at the door :)
    Edited by Jahoel on June 26, 2015 6:03PM
  • DoubleShot27
    stop crying a pay for a bite if you want it so bad
  • Talcon
    Talcon
    ✭✭✭
    Its not preventing you from doing anything, its your choice to sit out there for that dumb ***.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone, please rush and become a vampire asap!

Then meet me in Cyrodiil. I have a delivery of silver bolts with your name on it ...
    biggrin.gif