Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Army of Meridia - XBox

izenkim_ESO
izenkim_ESO
✭✭✭
I've hit a place in the Army of Meridia quest line in The Hollow City where I cannot proceed. I've rescued King Dynar, introduced him to the Fighters Guild, gone ahead and completed every quest I can on the west side of the map, but the door to go north and "Rescue Vanus Galerion" is not accessible. It is grayed out and I cannot open it to get to the waypoint that I can see on the map just beyond the door.

The Groundskeeper, standing next to the King, offers no new advice, and there is no quest marker for the quest.

I've tried support, they told me to basically check here, where I didn't find a related issue. Day two, post patch, they told me to check the patch notes despite the fact that I waited to check the quest and e-mail well after the patch had gone live.

Any tips on how to proceed? Can I abandon the quest without losing the ability to proceed at all? How much backtracking would I have to do if I did?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get to Vanus, you need to go to the eastern plane. The northern plane opens up once you have both Vanus and the King.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    To get to Vanus, you need to go to the eastern plane. The northern plane opens up once you have both Vanus and the King.

Have I been going to the wrong door? Oh man. Ok, I'll check for another exit tonight. Thanks.
  • dboyhimself15
    dboyhimself15
    Soul Shriven
    Edited by dboyhimself15 on June 27, 2015 3:01AM
  • Mattreed1986
    Mattreed1986
    Soul Shriven
    http://esomap.uesp.net/?centeron=The+Black+Forge&world=Coldharbour

He should be on the road leading to the black forge away from Hollow City.

This was one of my favourite quests to date, just took forever!
  • izenkim_ESO
    izenkim_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I was able to get Vanus, very enjoyable, and I'm now making sure I've rescued everyone in the area before proceeding.