Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Last Mages Guild quest

BrainDrill
BrainDrill
Soul Shriven
Hello! I am a Russian-speaking, so maybe my English is not very good. Please do not throw rotten tomatoes :)

Not so long ago, I found out that instead of saving Valaste I could get 2 skill points. It makes me extremely disappointed, as a reward for saving her - poor staff, though the epic quality. And in what sense? Quest Reward simply incommensurable. I even enjoyed this staff, I take it apart, while I could get 2 skill points. I want my 2 skill points! The game does not provide moral evaluation of my decision, why, then one solution for one award, and for each other? If I am not mistaken, this is the only quest where the reward is so different. Listening to and reading the dialogue with Sheogorath I did not understand that he wants to give me 2 skill points. It was about the "power" which one could only guess.

2 skill points good reward, and the staff ... Well, you understand.
No, I will not go through the game again only because of that, I find it easier just to give up. There is a very unpleasant feeling, some incomplete. In the end, it's just not fair. In the total mass of all possible skill points these two look insignificant, but at the time of the passage of the quest (45-50 level), they need a damn. Lol, they need me now.

Thank you.
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Two skill points is insignificant.
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BrainDrill wrote: »
    Hello! I am a Russian-speaking, so maybe my English is not very good. Please do not throw rotten tomatoes :)

Not so long ago, I found out that instead of saving Valaste I could get 2 skill points. It makes me extremely disappointed, as a reward for saving her - poor staff, though the epic quality. And in what sense? Quest Reward simply incommensurable. I even enjoyed this staff, I take it apart, while I could get 2 skill points. I want my 2 skill points! The game does not provide moral evaluation of my decision, why, then one solution for one award, and for each other? If I am not mistaken, this is the only quest where the reward is so different. Listening to and reading the dialogue with Sheogorath I did not understand that he wants to give me 2 skill points. It was about the "power" which one could only guess.

2 skill points good reward, and the staff ... Well, you understand.
    No, I will not go through the game again only because of that, I find it easier just to give up. There is a very unpleasant feeling, some incomplete. In the end, it's just not fair. In the total mass of all possible skill points these two look insignificant, but at the time of the passage of the quest (45-50 level), they need a damn. Lol, they need me now.

Thank you.

People like to have their choices affect their game. Please don't complain about something that has stayed in the game (thank Jebus). It doesn't need to be watered down even more. Oh, and I'm jelly that you speak your native language and english.

I only know how to swear and say thank you in 6 or 7 languages thanks to cab drivers in 6 or 7 different countries.
    Edited by coryevans_3b14_ESO on June 24, 2015 10:02PM
  • BrainDrill
    BrainDrill
    Soul Shriven
    PBpsy wrote: »
    Two skill points is insignificant.

In the total mass of all possible skill points these two look insignificant, but at the time of the passage of the quest (45-50 level), they need a damn.
  • BrainDrill
    BrainDrill
    Soul Shriven

People like to have their choices affect their game. Please don't complain about something that has stayed in the game (thank Jebus). It doesn't need to be watered down even more. Oh, and I'm jelly that you speak your native language and english.

I only know how to swear and say thank you in 6 or 7 languages thanks to cab drivers in 6 or 7 different countries.

Of course, I also like to choose, but to a certain point (this quest) reward does not depend on my choice (or only slightly). And in this case it is a hole in a general manner.
    Also i am use google translate for some words or figure of speech.
  • BrainDrill
    BrainDrill
    Soul Shriven
    Oh that thred removed to NPC Guilds from General Discussion, nice :(
    But i want know what think about gamemasters or developers.
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    BrainDrill wrote: »
    Listening to and reading the dialogue with Sheogorath I did not understand that he wants to give me 2 skill points. It was about the "power" which one could only guess.

Sheogorath said something as the reward was half a dozen skyshards worth, so, since 3 skyshards = 1 skill point, the Folio was worth 2 skill points. Uncle Sheo was honest about this, after all...

That said, I choose to save Valaste too. I admit it's not the most rational thing to do, but... well, she's so cute... :wink: Oчень красивая девушка, as you say... :)

Moreover, according to some players Valaste can cure lycanthropy and vampirism, so she could be useful sooner or later. I can neither confirm nor dismiss this rumor, however.
  • BrainDrill
    BrainDrill
    Soul Shriven
    Surak73 wrote: »
    Sheogorath said something as the reward was half a dozen skyshards worth, so, since 3 skyshards = 1 skill point, the Folio was worth 2 skill points. Uncle Sheo was honest about this, after all...

That said, I choose to save Valaste too. I admit it's not the most rational thing to do, but... well, she's so cute... :wink: Oчень красивая девушка, as you say... :)

Moreover, according to some players Valaste can cure lycanthropy and vampirism, so she could be useful sooner or later. I can neither confirm nor dismiss this rumor, however.

But anyway it is simply incommensurable. I can pure lycanthropy and vampirism without Valaste. 2 skill points FOR EVER.
  • alaiham2002
    This is with all games,it is the "you shape your destiny/future" thing.