The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Change Appearence!!

ErolSerkan
ErolSerkan
Soul Shriven
We are waiting for this since 2 years now.

I want to go back and recreate my appearence.It bothers me so much atm i stopped playing ESO and just waiting for this option to come back since the look of my hero really bothers me alot.

Instead of this widely requested feature we still get more pets/costumes/horses/potions which noone really care's about.
Sometimes i really feel that this game and his developers does not want to earn money.Many many players would pay 10 bucks for changing their appearence.

How hard can it be to implent a ''Showcharactercreationscreen''command which was introduced in skyrim and other ES titles anyway.

ZOS Hear us we scream for this feature since 2 years and all we got is always ''Soon'' ''We are working on it'' ''We are planning on adding it''

They would be suprised on how many players stopped playing since their are not happy with their toon and dont want to bother creating a new toon just to grind to VR14 again only because they want to look different.
Edited by ErolSerkan on June 24, 2015 9:01PM
Those who fear the dark,Have never seen what the light can do!
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    At least include a barber for hair and beards.
    Implemented in vanilla Fallout 3 and F:NV
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't hold your breath. As you said, people have been asking for a long time and it's not been a priority. They've been preoccupied by trying to fix the game after somewhat of failed launch. Just look at what they've released and that's what they've been working on. They first released Craglorn, changed/added to some dungeons and delves, added the Champion and Justice systems, added enhanced NPC facial animations, and most recently spent all their time on the console release. Now, they're working on Imperial City. Also, judging by the trailer from E3, the next big project will most likely be Orsinium, and then Dark Brotherhood.

I think the best we could hope for an appearance change feature would be around December of this year. That's the best case scenario. It's more likely to appear first quarter of next year. We'll see, though. Maybe they've just been sitting on it to release as DLC to make more money. Who knows?

The one sure thing is that it's not coming with the next major update, which is Imperial City.
    Edited by Junkogen on June 24, 2015 10:22PM
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm bumping this so I can one day edit my Altmer.

And yes, I'd happily throw crowns at this if I can enter character creation again without having to re-roll and lose my hours of gameplay and xp.
  • miked83b14_ESO
    miked83b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this is crazy that they still haven't implemented this. They need to allocate a few employees to work on it and just do it.They will make money from this. I really don't understand what they're waiting for. At the very very least, they need to address this issue and enlighten us as to why it's not being worked on. Is it difficult to do?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other games who started without appereance change. They usually added it within moments of going to any sort of cash-shop system, because they do make a good deal of income from roleplayers fixing small details, or sometimes even redoing their characters completely... and even the wargamers may want to change race now and then, to get the most intimidating looks, or chanse the current FotM.

The coding of it shouldn't be that hard - after all, the chargen is in the game, all they really need to do is add an option to revisit it, and tack some sort of crown cost mechanic on the recustomization feature... though of course, it would better the game if there was more to it then just an out of character change... barbershops have been mentioned ever since last fall, but all of that was kinda on hold for the console release, so now they are working off the backlog of "things mentioned, but kinda on hold". IC is coming out now-ish, one can hope that maybe they will get barbershop or at least some ooc character editing options into the crown store soon! I know I have crowns to spend on such features!

• Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're working on it.
    Gina has replied here in this forum section and basically said as much in the past.
    If you can be anything, be kind.