Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

What is up with character creation?!

Ysne58
Ysne58
✭✭✭✭✭
On the EU server in the last several days I have tried to create an EP character. Each and every time that character has been thrown into Daggarfall in Glenumbra instead of Stonefalls. DC is supposed to be the starting area for Glenumbra not EP. Something is really really wrong here. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    On the EU server in the last several days I have tried to create an EP character. Each and every time that character has been thrown into Daggarfall in Glenumbra instead of Stonefalls. DC is supposed to be the starting area for Glenumbra not EP. Something is really really wrong here. @ZOS_GinaBruno

Wow, the Prophet is REALLY getting his directions mixed up now...tossing you directly into enemy territory and all...what a troll.
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked on NA and those characters are all in the right starting zone. I have not checked to see what happens when I try to create a DC character.
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath is up to his trickery again!

latest?cb=20140709132224&path-prefix=protagonist
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the any-race-any-alliance ability? If so then when you change the race from whatever it defaults to on your character creation screen, you also have to select the alliance that you want - otherwise it will remain as whatever alliance was originally selected before you chose a different race.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you perhaps purchase the any race any faction with crowns on the NA server, and not the EU server? And are trying to play a race that technically belongs in a different faction?

The only time I have seen this happen has been when my friend did not have this on the particular server they were trying to create a character on.

Obviously, no idea if this is your particular problem, just trying to throw ideas out there!
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Urquan I am very aware of that and yes I do double check alliances before starting.

I just created a DC character it started out in Glenumbra but has the EP logo for alliance. As do all the EP characters I just tried to create. Something is very very wrong here.
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited:I was also suggesting the same pack as @UrQuan. Out of ideas now.
    Edited by Khenarthi on June 24, 2015 8:53PM
    PC-EU
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to recheck NA, but I think this problem is only on the EU server.
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

104574493899702212104818.jpg
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Urquan I am very aware of that and yes I do double check alliances before starting.

I just created a DC character it started out in Glenumbra but has the EP logo for alliance. As do all the EP characters I just tried to create. Something is very very wrong here.
    Whoa, yeah in that case something is seriously messed up...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was right that the NA server character creation is working just fine. I don't play on console so I have no way of checking those.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tagging @ZOS_JessicaFolsom and @ZOS_GaryA as well. I think this is an important issue to get fixed ASAP.
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried character creation again on the EU server and this time both EP and DC worked fine. I have no idea what the glitch was.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds to me like you have been given a rare opportunity for a little bit of espionage. :wink:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • coryevans_3b14_ESO
    coryevans_3b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried character creation again on the EU server and this time both EP and DC worked fine. I have no idea what the glitch was.

I'm thinkin your skooma was a little stronger than usual.