Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best Ultimate skill for Soccerer

sirhellraiser
looking to lots of damage what would be the best ultimate Skill
  • Gabe.godbe
    Gabe.godbe
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't had a whole lot of time on a Sorc, I'm only like level 14 but Overload is amazing. I can kill level 20-21 npcs and level 19-20 players. Bring the painnnnnn.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with overload too. It's an extra skillbar that scales of the ultimate. The base dps with the fists is awesome too
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    I have the following:

1) meteor on single target bar 1
    2) overload on AoA bar 2 for bosses

• sirhellraiser
    What is AOA sorry new to MMO
  • sirhellraiser
    Caesar is metero the second lvl of crystal fragments?
  • Gabe.godbe
    Gabe.godbe
    Soul Shriven
    I think you get meteor from the mage guild skill line
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is only one ultimate ability per skill line (of course, that ability can be morphed two different ways - and weapon skill lines do not have ultimates). Therefore, no, meteor is not a morph of Crystal Fragments.

Meteor does not unlock until Mages Guild is level 10 - most players will be veteran rank by the time they unlock it.

Feel free to play around with online build calculators to read up on abilities (and ultimates), when they unlocks, what kind of damage they do once levelled up etc. One up to date one I know of is esocalc.com
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload and negate. Meteor from mages guild but you wont get that for awhile.
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    What is AOA sorry new to MMO

sorry for the fast answer - AoA is area of effect so basically the bar I use to burn through mobs. When I run e.g. a vet dungeon, I use bar 2 for mobs, bar 1 for mini bosses and switch to overload for end bosses.

it's indeed a morph from the mages guild

Finally, your dps will be depending on alot of elements together, ultimate being one of them.

Brief summary of my set-up:

Mage Mundus stone
    42 mag points - rest in health

bar 1 - single target:
    structured entropy / velocious curse (my pref)
    liquid lightning
    inner light
    force pulse
    crystal frags
    ulti - meteor

bar 2 - AoA
    hardened ward
    liquid lightning
    inner light
    thundering presence
    elemental ring
    ulti - overload

bar 3 - overload - boss and execute
    structured entropy / velocious curse (my pref)
    liquid lightning
    inner light
    mages wrath
    [empty - case specific slot]

my load-out is a combi of undaunted set / torugh pact and martial knowledge.

Rings are either healer rings or cyrodiil light

I hope this helps you on your way. Some of these things will not be available for you for a while but you can work towards it.

Happy hunting.

• sirhellraiser
    Thanks Caeser for the information going to use some of the setup you are running when i can
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Caeser for the information going to use some of the setup you are running when i can

Enjoy!

If you're on PC NA - feel free to ping me ingame - always happy to assist

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know much about end game pve; if I was asked to do a trial or gold plegde I would probably slot shooting star and replenishing barrier.

For pvp it depends what your playstyle is. Overload does big damage yes, but will leave you vunerable to damage and cc while you're using it. It's also not very accurate and has poor range, in my opinion it's best used from within a medium to large group where you're less likely to be focused. I don't like to use overload to do damage to players, mainly because I hate it being used against me, but also because the 3rd bar is more useful to me as a utility bar; I can have purge and retreating manuever available to me as long as I have ultimate.

Ice comet is a good choice 1v1 or 1vx to finish off players with low stamina, but it's easily blocked or reflected so you need to know what you're doing with it for it to be regularly effective. It's not a great idea to use it against the zerg incase you hit someone with a reflect up. Soul Assault is good for executing dodge rollers or permablockers but that's about it.

In my opinion the best all round, open world, solo-playstyle ultimate is Greater Storm Atronach. It will give you 2% extra spell damage just from having it slotted thanks to Expert Mage passive, the daedric summoning passives should also apply to you while using it (not tested), it stuns, doea single target and aoe damage, has massive range and can be controlled. It's great for riot control; causing confusion and splitting blobs. Because it's ranged it can also be a great distraction; I've pulled off some risky resses by sticking my atro down the other side of a group of enemy players to make them all turn around so I can res.Iit can also be used to line-of-sight people. So yeah, atronach.
    PC | EU
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ceasar is mostly right.
    But AoA is AoE, which means area of effect.
    Meteor is part of the mages guild and requires rank 10. that makes it pretty endgame.

When talking bout a total build I would like to stress out that it matters a lot on the purpose and your personal level. When you are below level 50, you wont have access to meteor. It is possible to get rank 10 with looking into ALL mages book in just your alliance, but more realistic, you will miss a few and will get there during veteran ranks. Due to the championpoint system at veteran rank, builds there are very different too.

For example, at veteran ranks, there are stamina builds that are succesfull and some claim it is even better then magica.

The answer bout the best ultimate for a sorcerer is therefor depending on the total build, the content you want to play and the level you currently are. My first answer was just answering the question and then overload is the best. But on a new sorcerer I would never start with it (level 25+ would be the time for me).

Also don't fall for the min/max trap. It is a popular sport in mmo's to look at the raw numbers for base dps and crit dps (base being min and crit being max). Due to the fact that eso is from start to finish a game where you build your character and cause of the huge difference between low level builds and high level builds, min/maxing is dangerous. So in the long term it is better to know you will change your entire build and the direction it takes hugely then to focus on min/maxing.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    who would have thought effect vs affect would enter the discussion on action bars in a MMORPG
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Surfinginhawaii
    Surfinginhawaii
    ✭✭✭
    Shooting star morph of meteor from Mages Guild skill line.