Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran rank limit campaigns

hobbers3
hobbers3
if your not playing in a non-veteran campaign you will have noticed a few veteran rank(VR) 14 players annihilating 20 players all on their own. from what ive heard these players were able to carry their characters over from the pc. these people have had a year to learn about the game and level up their characters and weve not even had a month yet. how is this fair?

im not suggesting that they should not have been allowed to carry their characters over from the pc version, they must have worked really hard on them. however there is a massive imbalance in skill level when you are in a game with them. even the most hard working of us console players cant be higher than VR 5 yet and even at that level, how much can we really know about the game? whats the best item combination for our play style? what pvp tactics work the best? How are we ever going to learn about the game when we are being slaughtered with no hope of beating these high leveled players.

im already VR2 and im leveling up way faster than most people im playing with. what happens when i get to VR14 are the VR1 players going to have to fight against me just because they arent allowed to join the non-veteran campaigns. after hitting VR1 you are thrown int the deep end and expected to try and fight agaisnt the way more experienced players.

they know there is a problem with rank imbalance because they made the non veteran campaigns. they need to make campaigns that make the game fair even after VR1. a suggestion would be to make a campaign with a rank limit of VR5
  • scratchnsniff
    scratchnsniff
    ✭✭✭
    was wonder how long it would take console player to annoyed about this. i don't blame you. good luck.
    Edited by scratchnsniff on June 25, 2015 2:41AM
    They call me the magic man.
    *** Now you see me***
    *** Now you don't ***
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well remember that many people chose to do pc cause ZOS changed the release date for console forcing many players to get the PC version. another point is that it took the first person on pc like 2 days to get to the lvl cap. many players were at lvl cap a week into having the game so you will have those players regardless. But if i read the pvp update notes for june right, then ZOS is implementing a battle leveling system. that will level players to a v14 that is moderately geared. from my understanding this will apply to vet characters. but keep in mind, this will likely still remain largely useless aginst many geared players that know what they are doing. unless i completely read the notes wrong caus ei skimmed them mostly.
  • manny254
    manny254
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    well remember that many people chose to do pc cause ZOS changed the release date for console forcing many players to get the PC version. another point is that it took the first person on pc like 2 days to get to the lvl cap. many players were at lvl cap a week into having the game so you will have those players regardless. But if i read the pvp update notes for june right, then ZOS is implementing a battle leveling system. that will level players to a v14 that is moderately geared. from my understanding this will apply to vet characters. but keep in mind, this will likely still remain largely useless aginst many geared players that know what they are doing. unless i completely read the notes wrong caus ei skimmed them mostly.

XP has also changed very much since then. The single greatest problem is that PC players know how to play the game. Not only do they have experience, but they got to play with add-ons. The add-ons like FTC provided feedback to the players that allowed them to improve and build their character. So the console players are behind, and will have a very hard time catching up without add-ons.

I called this a bad idea back in the fall, and it seems I was right. I am sad to see that ZoS let this be a thing.
    - Mojican
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    and what about new players on pc side? they are on server with almost all overgeared veterans around them, no instancing here. How is it fair? At least majority of console is still leveling and are + - equall
    Edited by VincentBlanquin on June 25, 2015 5:29PM
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the xp has changed for the better and so did the length of time it took to get to lvl cap. At the time you had to earn vet points and not experience. Plus, the experience needed for each vet level was much harder. so the amount of time it took to grind to lvl cap back at pc launch was much much harder then it is know. so to have people at lvl cap one-four days into the game was crazy. And yes there are/were add-ons for pc player to help with their builds, but now the console community has countless walk throughs, guides, etc. when learning what works best and what not for what you are trying to accomplish. We did not have this when the game first launched.
    That said, i do find it a little crazy to allow these players to come to the game with their v14 toons. I mean the idea was to allow players who wanted to play console to start early cause they postponed it and to bring their toon over. the problem being imo that a lot of people who wanted it for console did not have a pc or a pc good enough to run it so they were going to wait for console release no matter what. Then there is also the idea that if a player wanted to play the game on console but bought it for pc, it is likely they still would have went to console when it came out regardless if they were provided a toon transfer. not to mention, I am willing to bet there was a good chunk of people that transfered over just to be a god for awhile while everyone was still leveling on that side of things. I am curious about what the numbers on console would have been like w/o the transfer. My bet is it would have been relatively the same. so i do see the other side.

and what about new players on pc side? they are on server with almost all overgeared veterans around them, no instancing here. How is it fair? At least majority of console is still leveling and are + - equall

with all do respect, this game has been out for over a year, so complaining about people being so much better than the new players is ridiculous. ofcourse, we are better and better geared then new players. many of us have been playing this game since beta. that said, there was a large influx pf players when TU dropped, so this provided many new players to the game and therefore added a community of a new player base that allowed for new players to thrive in non-vet and have people to share their leveling experience with. Bottom line is that imo you cannot complain about someone being a geared up v14 in a game that has been out for over a year just b/c you decided to pick up the mouse and keyboard and start playing.
  • VincentBlanquin
    VincentBlanquin
    ✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Well the xp has changed for the better and so did the length of time it took to get to lvl cap. At the time you had to earn vet points and not experience. Plus, the experience needed for each vet level was much harder. so the amount of time it took to grind to lvl cap back at pc launch was much much harder then it is know. so to have people at lvl cap one-four days into the game was crazy. And yes there are/were add-ons for pc player to help with their builds, but now the console community has countless walk throughs, guides, etc. when learning what works best and what not for what you are trying to accomplish. We did not have this when the game first launched.
    That said, i do find it a little crazy to allow these players to come to the game with their v14 toons. I mean the idea was to allow players who wanted to play console to start early cause they postponed it and to bring their toon over. the problem being imo that a lot of people who wanted it for console did not have a pc or a pc good enough to run it so they were going to wait for console release no matter what. Then there is also the idea that if a player wanted to play the game on console but bought it for pc, it is likely they still would have went to console when it came out regardless if they were provided a toon transfer. not to mention, I am willing to bet there was a good chunk of people that transfered over just to be a god for awhile while everyone was still leveling on that side of things. I am curious about what the numbers on console would have been like w/o the transfer. My bet is it would have been relatively the same. so i do see the other side.

with all do respect, this game has been out for over a year, so complaining about people being so much better than the new players is ridiculous. ofcourse, we are better and better geared then new players. many of us have been playing this game since beta. that said, there was a large influx pf players when TU dropped, so this provided many new players to the game and therefore added a community of a new player base that allowed for new players to thrive in non-vet and have people to share their leveling experience with. Bottom line is that imo you cannot complain about someone being a geared up v14 in a game that has been out for over a year just b/c you decided to pick up the mouse and keyboard and start playing.

i reacting at that console complain. show that its not that bad at their side. relax

on other hand TU bring players, but if you oversee current numbers, looks like huge majority of them are gone. imbalances big factor in it too.
    Irwen Vincinter - Nord - Dragonknight
    Irw´en - Bosmer - Nightblade