The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alternative to text chat for console

xionicc
xionicc
✭✭
Ok, I know some want it, some don't. My suggestion is a happy medium. Create a message board that acts like a off tool so we can post LF3M for x dungeon. WTS food. Etc etc. Allow players to place class and level restrictions, then allow people to join by clicking a button
  • Banky71
    Banky71
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should make something available on smart glass on xbox for text chat.
    If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both.

gamertag - xbone Banky71
    Options
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know you made a thread about a thread that is 4 threads away from this thread?

jck.gif
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

Options
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭
    Many groups already do this.

For example, my guild has a forum and chat tools on our website. PSN and XBL also offer text based communication tools. There are other forums where people can make threads already for grouping, etc.

The problem is that in order to use these, you need to look away from the game. So, you either have real time text based communication, and are constantly looking away from what you are doing in game (regardless of the device, medium being used) or you lose the real time aspect and ignore text chat while you are playing, only checking on it periodically; which defeats many of the advantages a text chat system in game provides.

This is a work around people are already doing, and they are not happy with it (as you can see from the support for in game text chat).
    Edited by Merkabeh on June 24, 2015 5:42PM
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about?
    Comm+Problem.gif
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • xionicc
    xionicc
    ✭✭
    Merkabeh wrote: »
    Many groups already do this.

For example, my guild has a forum and chat tools on our website. PSN and XBL also offer text based communication tools. There are other forums where people can make threads already for grouping, etc.

The problem is that in order to use these, you need to look away from the game. So, you either have real time text based communication, and are constantly looking away from what you are doing in game (regardless of the device, medium being used) or you lose the real time aspect and ignore text chat while you are playing, only checking on it periodically; which defeats many of the advantages a text chat system in game provides.

This is a work around people are already doing, and they are not happy with it (as you can see from the support for in game text chat).

If this was in game it would be easier
    Options