The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Extra character slots

drogon1
drogon1
✭✭✭✭
Has there been any official word on making this available in the cash shop or otherwise? Would love to give ZOS some cash for this.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen or heard anything :(
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • seng2003
    seng2003
    Soul Shriven
    They do give you 8 character slot already at least for the ps4...i haven't hear anything about putting slot in cash shop
    Options
  • drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK thx. /sigh
    Options
  • CriD
    CriD
    ✭✭✭
    You have my curiosity. Why do you need more? 8 character slots, you want 10? 1 for each race?

Remember, if your a man of PvP, this games end game is a vertical progression system, which means you will need to put in time with your favorite to build up more CP.
    Options
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CriD wrote: »
    You have my curiosity. Why do you need more? 8 character slots, you want 10? 1 for each race?

Remember, if your a man of PvP, this games end game is a vertical progression system, which means you will need to put in time with your favorite to build up more CP.

Some people are altaholics that need endless piles of chars for random, insignificant reasons.
    Options
  • Pman85
    Pman85
    ✭✭✭✭
    4 classes 8 slots that are used up? It would be interesting to see what you have going on over there
    Guildmaster - Order of Stendarr [XB1] - Apply today!

Brought to you by Fishy Joe's....Ride the walrus!

Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altaholic thought process: 10 Races. 4 Classes. 40 slots needed. Minimum.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Seriously. I know more than one person that has multiple accounts - and they play on EU and NA just for the character slots. It's real.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even allowing for mules....
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Heruthema
    Heruthema
    ✭✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »

Not even allowing for mules....

You forgot to add 3 Factions so 120 ++
    Options
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    I create new toons to level 50 and delete them all the time. Non-Vet PvP is addicting....
    Options
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Seriously. I know more than one person that has multiple accounts - and they play on EU and NA just for the character slots. It's real.
    Hello? You called me? ;)

Yeah, I've got 2 accounts with 16 characters (the ones listed in my sig are just the ones on my main account), and I've also got characters on the EU server that I hardly ever play - that's more for playing around with creating character concepts.

As far as the question of whether they would add more slots as a crown store purchase, the last I heard from anyone at ZOS it would be technically very difficult to do. To me this indicates that they probably made a poor choice when setting up the fields in the Account entity table of their underlying database.

It seems likely to me that the Account entity has a set of 8 fields (something like CHAR1, CHAR2, CHAR3 etc), with one for each character slot that references the appropriate record in the Character entity table, and that DB transactions that affect the individual characters under a given account (like the one that tells you how many Crowns you have available when you're in-game and want to use the Crown Store, or the one that indicates whether you earn the bonus 10% XP and gold for being an ESO+ member) function based on those fields.

If they had taken a different route and used the primary key of the Account table as a foreign key in the Character table, and had the DB transactions I mention above function based on the presence of the appropriate foreign key in the Character table rather than based on the presence of the appropriate foreign key in the Account table, it should theoretically be easy to add additional character slots to an account.

Of course, that's all speculation on my part, and it's entirely possible that there are plenty of other factors I'm unaware of and haven't considered.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)