The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

They obviously don't want us to play.

Ace_of_Destiny
Ace_of_Destiny
✭✭✭✭✭
So, yesterday/today is server patch...no playing most of the day.
And now TOMORROW...SERVER MAINTENANCE for login servers...no playing most of the day.

Really?

Yeah, "those who are already in the game will be able to continue playing"...glad the game never crashes and boots us out. (smh)

EDIT:

Yeah...I just had to vent. (lol)

I know that the game needs to go down to get better.
I remember when Ultima Online was released.
It seemed like "Server Issues" was the actual name of the game.

It's just frustrating when they take it down two days in a row during a person's daily schedule for allotted playing time.
At least the Xboners got a day to play in between the maintenances. hehe...I knew I should have gotten an Xbone instead...if only I knew this week was going to happen! (Yeah, that was a weak attempt at humor....very weak.)
Edited by Ace_of_Destiny on June 24, 2015 3:23PM
EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
!

)==================================================(
~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
)===================================================(
I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • nastuug
    nastuug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morepewpewles.jpg
    Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really really.

Unfortunately it's still early days for you console players, this was also quite a common occurrence when they were 'fixing' PC bugs and whatnot.

Ultimately it's for the best, a fixed game beats a broken one in my books.
    Edited by The_Sadist on June 24, 2015 3:10PM
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options
  • Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace-2112 wrote: »
    So, yesterday/today is server patch...no playing most of the day.
    And now TOMORROW...SERVER MAINTENANCE for login servers...no playing most of the day.

Really?

Yeah, "those who are already in the game will be able to continue playing"...glad the game never crashes and boots us out. (smh)

Would you prefer they not ever fix anything instead?
    Options
  • CriD
    CriD
    ✭✭✭
    Lets use our head here...they are fixing things so we can play and have a better experience, your whining because you need your crack fix and cannot control yourself like a sane individual.

I'm going with ZoS here. Please keep up the good work!
    Options
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love it if they patched PC twice a week... We get twice a month now. If we're lucky.
    Options
  • lsneakl
    lsneakl
    ✭✭✭
    I have login issues
    I have queue issues
    I want this fixed
    What! Don't fix this! I can't play then!

What do you want? Would you rather have them trying patching and updating the login server and not take it down making for issues to last another week or two?

This is like I always say with the road construction, "just shut down the dang road and get the work done"
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's common with any new launch for there to be plenty of downtime for the first few weeks, often on a daily basis. It's usually needed for server code optimisation as well as for fixing of bugs etc. ZOS are doing nothing unusual here, and I'm glad they're on top of things. Never play at launch if you can't accept the inevitable interruptions.
    Options
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed the day from tomorrow to Monday.
    Awesome, I get to play tomorrow!
    WooHoo!

Maybe they realized that the game being down all day two days in a row was a bad idea?
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    !

I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
    Options
  • Gizbyt
    Gizbyt
    ✭✭
    WooHoo!

Maybe they realized that the game being down all day two days in a row was a bad idea?

Maybe! But then some of us will still be downloading the patch this time tomorrow anyways!
    Options
  • mikey27
    mikey27
    ✭✭
    Its a joke mate, i agree.
    If this 15gb was pre downloading future content etc then the complaints would be 20x less, but its not we are downloading the same thing we had.. And cant play whilst its doing it.
    Options
  • Gizbyt
    Gizbyt
    ✭✭
    mikey27 wrote: »
    If this 15gb was pre downloading future content etc then the complaints would be 20x less, but its not we are downloading the same thing we had.. And cant play whilst its doing it.

I'm probably looking at Friday as the earliest I get to play again...and to think I subbed for this sub par quality? Won't do so again that's for sure.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So coming from closed beta on PC to PC release and now to Xbox One.
    This is A LOT better than PC.

We used to have 2 maint days per week AND patch fixes each week.
    This is far less than Neverwinter so no complaints are allowed
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • dlepi24
    dlepi24
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gizbyt wrote: »
    mikey27 wrote: »

I'm probably looking at Friday as the earliest I get to play again...and to think I subbed for this sub par quality? Won't do so again that's for sure.

Bye, Felicia.

Options
  • Tylersoh
    Tylersoh
    ✭✭✭
    It's for the best
    Options
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe - but you have to remember that a LOT of the early issues with both the beta and the PC release were broken quests/sets/drops etc. These should all be fixed already - as they are the same as the PC game.

So it's basically only UI and engine base code, and connection issues.

I have to admit, I have never had login issues, at beta, pc launch or console launch. Except for the recent kicked with error message <<1>> on PC just before switching to console.

But for PS4, this 15GB patch is pretty ridiculous. Especially given the throttling that seems to be happening on the servers that makes the internet connection you pay for somewhat redundant. And from it, it is clear that ZOS haven't learned much about communication from the last launch...
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »

Maybe - but you have to remember that a LOT of the early issues with both the beta and the PC release were broken quests/sets/drops etc. These should all be fixed already - as they are the same as the PC game.

So it's basically only UI and engine base code, and connection issues.

I have to admit, I have never had login issues, at beta, pc launch or console launch. Except for the recent kicked with error message <<1>> on PC just before switching to console.

But for PS4, this 15GB patch is pretty ridiculous. Especially given the throttling that seems to be happening on the servers that makes the internet connection you pay for somewhat redundant. And from it, it is clear that ZOS haven't learned much about communication from the last launch...

We got room over Hear on Xbox
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 25, 2015 4:03AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Cry_Wolfe
    Cry_Wolfe
    ✭✭✭
    @Ace-2112 ,
    not sure how it works for console, but on PC, you stay perma logged in most times.

if you afk you will get booted, but if you drop out to character select screen the client doesn't seem to log you out.

for Pc this includes letting comp go to sleep, on wake up the client is still at character select screen, on rare occasions this may induce weird lag or other behavior though, in which case you'll need to restart the client.
    Options
  • Endurance
    Endurance
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by Endurance on June 25, 2015 5:56AM
    I'm outta here
    Options
  • Wheelhouse413
    Gizbyt wrote: »
    WooHoo!

Maybe! But then some of us will still be downloading the patch this time tomorrow anyways!

No joking there.

I know PSN is bad, but I was able to download Bloodborne and fully install in just under 3 hours (just over 30 gigs) because no one had a copy at midnight (I work evenings, get off at 11:30, so buying games at midnight at Walmart or Meijer is common for me).

The last 2 games I bought on Steam (Divinity Original Sin and Kerbal Space Program) both completely downloaded and installed in under an hour (I have no idea how big the files were, but they were 100% done before I started playing either).

Today, I started my PS4 up at around 1:30 pm to get the download. I was able to babysit it up to 5 gigs done before I had to leave for work at 2:30 pm. I get home at midnight and it still wasn't done (rest mode).

The issue is NOT my internet speed, and my PS4 is wired. PSN is generally pretty bad compared to Xbox Live and VERY bad compared to Steam, but today was a new level of terribleness. That's like 1.5 gigs an hour (and 1 gig an hour while I was at work). Again, for reference, Bloodbourne on launch night was 10 gigs an hour (still slow, but 10x better than today).

Edited to add: When got home at midnight it was showing 9 minutes left (like 100 mb left). I paused and unpaused and it was done 30 seconds later. This is a PSN thing that Sony should definitely fix now that we pay for online, but ZOS should take into consideration before shoving unnecessary data at us in patches.
    Edited by Wheelhouse413 on June 25, 2015 6:09AM
    Options
  • Mitchblue
    Mitchblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    CriD wrote: »
    Lets use our head here...they are fixing things so we can play and have a better experience, your whining because you need your crack fix and cannot control yourself like a sane individual.

I'm going with ZoS here. Please keep up the good work!

Yeah, they're a pill of the gaming community.
    Anyone else rooting for Molag Bal?
    Options
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »
    Would you prefer they not ever fix anything instead?

Welcome to ESO on PC.

Problems from Beta still exist, ESO has no intention of ever fixing them.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
    Options
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cry_Wolfe wrote: »
    @Ace-2112 ,
    not sure how it works for console, but on PC, you stay perma logged in most times.

if you afk you will get booted, but if you drop out to character select screen the client doesn't seem to log you out.

for Pc this includes letting comp go to sleep, on wake up the client is still at character select screen, on rare occasions this may induce weird lag or other behavior though, in which case you'll need to restart the client.

@Cry_Wolfe
    I don't know about Xbone, but on PS4 every time I have been booted due to inactivity it has taken me back to the server-select screen.
    I am hoping that is "inside" the PSN Login "wall". (lol)
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    !

Options
  • Doofenator
    Doofenator
    Soul Shriven
    Try changing your DSN server on your PS4 it changed my download from 15 hours to 4 hours in about 20 minutes. Granted 4 hours is what it took to download the day one patch the first time so not sure why it is crawling on this one. Kind of frustrating but I haven't played an MMO since the early days of world of warcraft and I do remember some frustrating downtime back then on the Spinebreaker server so I will just have to readjust to downtime. Does suck when your Play time is limited like mine but I'm not exactly going to nut out over it and start wearing peoples skin as clothing because of a little downtime. I will however go postal if the massive patch contains Cliffracers. (I havent seen any yet and I am in stonefalls so i am assuming they arent in the game... please dont tell me they come in later or I will stop downloading and throw my PS4 in the bin)
    Options