The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Switching or playing other alliances

Jimmler
Jimmler
I'm currently part of the Pact. Is there a way to play the other alliance missions without starting a new character? Can you visit the other locales that aren't part of the the Pact?
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't change factions.

You will see both other factions' zones and stories once you've completed the Main Story on your first one; it's called Cadwell's Silver in case you want to look into it but that'll be a spoiler for how the Main Story ends so you may wish to wait till you're there, you'll be around level 48-50 at that point.

That part of the game is where the Veteran Ranks (VR1 to VR10 or so) are played, you'll have no doubt seen that content referred to from time to time. ZOS have said it'll be removed but not when how or when so the effect on Cadwell's Silver is impossible to know at the moment.
    Edited by KerinKor on June 24, 2015 11:53AM
    Options
  • Jimmler
    Jimmler
    Thanks for the information. My main concern was not being to visit the other locations at some point.
    Options
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmler wrote: »
    Thanks for the information. My main concern was not being to visit the other locations at some point.

You'll get to see it all, don't worry. I even recommend going to Cyrodiil as there are some landscape quests there, just be careful you don't get ganked... ;)
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. A lot of people don't like gold/silver, but I find the zones are more fun at vet levels.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • Maotti
    Maotti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, when you complete the main quest you will get access to Cadwell's silver and then gold. Silver zones for Pact are Daggerfall Covenant and gold zones are Aldmeri Dominion areas. :)
    PC EU
    Options
  • Jimmler
    Jimmler
    Options
  • Jimmler
    Jimmler
    Hm.. No sure why that double posted.
    I haven't ventured into Cyrodiil yet. I've only played solo, so I'm sure I'll be robbed and beaten.
    Options
  • ElricFrancis
    ElricFrancis
    ✭✭
    I'm currently part of the Pact. Is there a way to play the other alliance missions without starting a new character? Can you visit the other locales that aren't part of the the Pact?

One day maybe one can switch. Probably require the Imperial edition to do so however.
    Previous MMOs: Everquest Fennin Ro 99-04 / Star Wars Galaxy Wanderhome 03-04
    World of Warcraft Whisperwind 04-12 / FF 14: ARR 14
    Named Usually: Realmreaver
    Options
  • The_Sadist
    The_Sadist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One day maybe one can switch. Probably require the Imperial edition to do so however.

As stated throughout this thread, you actually do end up exploring all 3 factions. Furthermore, you can create a second and third character and house them in the remaining two factions if you're so inclined. Now if you want to change factions on your main.. well, there are many threads arguing about that already.
    "Each event is preceded by Prophecy. But without the hero, there is no Event." ― Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
    Tragrim - How do I work this thing?
    Casually stalking the forums
    Options