Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Frost Mirriam location?

Hawk269
Hawk269
✭✭✭
I am looking to find Frost Mirriam and cannot find any. I received about a dozen from my hireling, but I have yet to run across any in the game. Is it commonly found in a certain location? I am part of Daggerfall, anyone know where you can usually find it?

Thanks for any help.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost Mirriam and Brevez Juice are rare purple ingredients that can only be obtained from provisioning hirelings, or from provisioning writs.

Otherwise the only way you'll get any more of them is by trying to find them for sale in a guild store. Note: the price for them in guild stores has recently gone up, as they are required ingredients for the craftable XP drinks.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frost Mirriam , WTB (200) STACK OF FROST MIRRIAM https://us.tamrieltradecentre.com/pc/Trade/Detail/209726229

LOL, 2000 gold for a 200 stack. I don't mind, i need it to make food for my tank toon. If anyone has some please (pst) me.

I'm making these as they work best for me:

https://imgur.com/a/mHgEJ
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    2000 gold for a 200 stack
    Not even close ...
    shades.gif

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provisioning Hirelings are an excellent source of the Purple Mats. Along with Provisioning Writs. Get a few alts up to the level where they can run L2 hirelings, which should only take about 5 minutes and then park them near a writ board. A few days of logging through them and doing writs and you will have more purple mats than you know what to do with.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• mackenziemccurry
    mackenziemccurry
    Soul Shriven
    where can they be located at
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Level 3 hirelings are passives unlocked at around level 32 of a particular crafting skill. However provisioning (for whatever reason) they decided to make level 3 unlock at level 48 so you might as well just max it out and spend the 3 skill points to get the level 3 hireling which will send you purple mats (usually daily) via in-game mail.

Otherwise, spend ~100gp per Mirriam at any guild trader.
    Edited by MinuitPro on January 25, 2018 7:28PM
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I got some some purple provision stuff from writs so maybe you can get it from writs,
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provisioning writ rewards and hireling mails are the only natural sources of frost merriam. The only other option would be to purchase from traders/players.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My supply all comes simply from hireling mails on 8 characters and I have 1200 of them in my craft bag. I stopped doing Provisioning writs ages ago.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Holy necro's Batman!
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the necro here is real

I feel it would be a better change to have provisioning drop everywhere in the game
    to include these
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I feel it would be a better change to have provisioning drop everywhere in the game
    to include these

Provisioning is the easiest craft skill to level, and the hireling passive is only 3 skill points. If you're only looking to sell the ingredients, it's a small price to have them delivered. Also, Provisioining writs are simple - make stacks of the food and simply pull them out of your bank (or have Lazy Writ Crafter do it).

While I miss being able to find purple and gold recipes, etc in the world, it seems ZOS is trying to limit high leve crafting materials and recipes to those who will actually use them. Roe is an exception. And don't even talk about Ciphers, you can't really farm for them. I think it's a poorly thought out attempt to put "value" back on crafting. However, so many players are master crafters it's not worth it. I don't sell Frost Miriam or Bervez juice as it sits for days.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

to include these

Provisioning is the easiest craft skill to level, and the hireling passive is only 3 skill points. If you're only looking to sell the ingredients, it's a small price to have them delivered. Also, Provisioining writs are simple - make stacks of the food and simply pull them out of your bank (or have Lazy Writ Crafter do it).

While I miss being able to find purple and gold recipes, etc in the world, it seems ZOS is trying to limit high leve crafting materials and recipes to those who will actually use them. Roe is an exception. And don't even talk about Ciphers, you can't really farm for them. I think it's a poorly thought out attempt to put "value" back on crafting. However, so many players are master crafters it's not worth it. I don't sell Frost Miriam or Bervez juice as it sits for days.

If it doesn't sell for days, then what's the point of keeping it exclusive to hirelings? Or writ vouchers than generally only advanced players can craft

Other than Just to punish newer players for having less skill points while they still have to waddle through the game I mean.

Because even if it's only 3 skill points, they still are forced to level the skill line specifically which can take days or weeks depending on the players, and no we are not all people who can afford to spend hours leveling. Some people actually have to work the next day, and like to enjoy their playtime.

Strange as that might be
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on February 1, 2018 3:24AM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

to include these

If it doesn't sell for days, then what's the point of keeping it exclusive to hirelings? Or writ vouchers than generally only advanced players can craft

Other than Just to punish newer players for having less skill points while they still have to waddle through the game I mean.

Because even if it's only 3 skill points, they still are forced to level the skill line specifically which can take days or weeks depending on the players, and no we are not all people who can afford to spend hours leveling. Some people actually have to work the next day, and like to enjoy their playtime.

Strange as that might be

You really don't need to be making purple food at level 10, and definitely not until 50. If you're playing Kyne in PvP, don't delete a higher level and make them your provisioner. Strange as it may seem, even when the purple ingredients WERE still in crates/barrels, finding them was so rare, most people just bought them from guild traders. And I would know, I'm a compulsive looter.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on February 1, 2018 4:20AM