Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

imperial sorcerer all magician build?

pcar944
pcar944
✭✭✭✭
hey guys

I started my character on Xbox One, he's an I peril and a Sorcerer with a destruction staff

I'm at lvl49.5 and about to turn a VR1

I've already beaten whole main story up to Molag Bal and started to visit the Islands and doing quests in there

I have a lot of skills already morphed and unlocked and leveled and a few Dark Magick skill lines are almost at 50

right now I'm using Pets that are Morphed and my ultimate is the Storm Atronach - I found this to help me survive a lot

I just can't get a hang of which skills I can use to buff myself before starting the fight - if I'm not using the pets then I'm dying really fast

at the moment my gear is all over the place, I have a Purple heavy chest and a Purple flame and purple shock staffs - all armor is Magicka buff

I'm looking for a build that would allow me to survive VR leveling without resorting to pets

I am working on my crafting and enchanting skill trees and they are both at about 20 just from breaking down everything I find

anyone can throw some ideas and suggestions I would gladly listen.

I also have a few questions, like if I respec do I loose my morph skills or not? and if I choose to improve my gear that's purple lvl43 and 44 will it go up to my VR level or not? just looking at options if I should save this rare gear or not

thank you very much.

btw, if you are on Xbox one and looking to play, my gt is pcar944
One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pcar944 wrote: »
    hey guys

I just can't get a hang of which skills I can use to buff myself before starting the fight - if I'm not using the pets then I'm dying really fast

First, make sure all your attributes are in Magic (maybe have 10 of them in Health, maybe). Make sure all the armor pieces you are wearing have Magic Glyphs on them. Make sure your jewerlery is Magic Regen or Magic Cost Reduction (you can reduce spell costs by 550 to 600 points with Jewelery.

Wear a crafted set like Seducer that also reduces spell cost and gives more regen. Pick a 3 piece crafted set that give more spell damage or regen or armor or whatever you feel is missing. But , 5 piece Seducer is pretty much essential.

Now, my main bar is:

Inner Light
    Boundless Storm
    Impulse
    Force Shock*
    Hardened Ward

Light up Inner Fire, apply Hardened Ward, run towards the mobs while applying Boundless Storm, use Impulse and Force Shock as needed and reapply Storm and Ward as needed. Everything dies and there are lots of sparkles.

You can do the same thing with Lightening Flood and Mages Fury or Crystal Shards for your attack skills. Use whatever you like.

On your Pet Bar, use Hardened Ward as that applies to your pets also. I would use something like Crystal Shards and Force Shock for attacks in that situation. So, no Inner Light or Boundless Storm.

*It might not be called exactly that, but this the destro staff skill that gives a stun to casters

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I also have a few questions, like if I respec do I loose my morph skills or not? and if I choose to improve my gear that's purple lvl43 and 44 will it go up to my VR level or not? just looking at options if I should save this rare gear or not

To answer your first question, when you respec you do not lose progress in your morphed skills. As for your second, improving your purple lvl 43/44 gear will just make it gold (legendary) lvl 43 and 44 gear. It will not scale up to your level. No gear currently in the game does this.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    does wearing certain armor prevent from spell being cast?

when I was leveling Inner Light wearing 3-4 pieces of heavy I could not get the spell to cast

also, the Seducer set - is there a recepie I have to find?

wish there was a way to pull mob into 1 spot better, sometimes they surround the pet and then I use a nice AoE but I can't seem to be able to finish them off with it, I was trying to use Dark Exchange to level it and I was surviving a lot better and that let me finish mob off better

are there MUST have passives for Sorcerer? there are a few nice spells in Mages Guild, I'm at rank7, but I don't see it used a lot

seems like a lot of people like to chance and wipe mob out really fast, but I like to go into area where it's hard to survive lol
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Caesar Tantalia
    Caesar Tantalia
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on mobile now so I don't have my build info readily available but my V14dps mag sorc (high elve) is basically a variation of pppontus' build (so gratz to him for the great build) you can find on tamrielfoundry. It's a little bit outdated and I tweaked it myself but that build should get you on your way.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

*It might not be called exactly that, but this the destro staff skill that gives a stun to casters

Force Pulse = more damage
    Crushing Shock = stun casters
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on June 24, 2015 1:29PM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    does wearing certain armor prevent from spell being cast?

when I was leveling Inner Light wearing 3-4 pieces of heavy I could not get the spell to cast

also, the Seducer set - is there a recepie I have to find?

wish there was a way to pull mob into 1 spot better, sometimes they surround the pet and then I use a nice AoE but I can't seem to be able to finish them off with it, I was trying to use Dark Exchange to level it and I was surviving a lot better and that let me finish mob off better

are there MUST have passives for Sorcerer? there are a few nice spells in Mages Guild, I'm at rank7, but I don't see it used a lot

seems like a lot of people like to chance and wipe mob out really fast, but I like to go into area where it's hard to survive lol

No, you can cast all spells with all types of armor. Inner light is a toggled ability, you need to cast it once and it stays active. You also need to put it on your second bar, otherwise it toggles off if you switch weapons.

To craft Seducer you need to research 3 traits on the specific armor piece. Look for some crafting videos on youtube to get started.

Use cystal fragments on proc for single target damage, liquid lightning and elemental ring for AOE damage, mages fury to execute low health (-20%) enemies. If you use pets get Empowered Ward and Deadric Prey, it increases the damage of your pets.

Shooting Star (mages guild ultimate) is a good skill but if you use pets the Greater Storm Atronach is probably better.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer