Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A few random, yet import Questions for a level 14 and mmo newbie... XBOX one

lastango
lastango
✭✭✭
Xbox one console...

Please point me to a more appropriate forum(s) if necessary....

and...

I have attempted to figure these question out by researching these forums and online... and I am still not completely clear... I think it's because I am 1000 years old and never played an MMO.

#1: the entire crafting thing confuses me.... In Skyrim, I made a billion daggers and leveled up quickly ;-) it seems that leveling up blacksmithing/ making wepons and armor in this game will be painstakingly slow. Finding materials in nature is so hard... stealing them and deconstructing them only works one time...

Is there any way you'd suggest using my time productively to build a blacksmithing skill?

#2 What exactly do I have to do to get to Cyrodill? I made it to level 10... It seems I have to join a group of people online to get access... is this true? If so, what's the easiest way?

#3 What is the deal with joining other folks in this game? People are asking me to join them constantly... So I accept their offer and we pal around together - and i need the headset/mic to do this right? ( i know... first mmo)

#4 How would you suggest joining other groups of people? There are guilds... there are "join me" and lets kill things together... etc... there are groups of people who seem to be together and like doing weird emotes in large groups naked or in weird costumes...

#5 Marriage... can you only marry another real player?

Thanks...

I hope I was somewhat clear about my MMO type questions... I really don't know where to start with joining other players... I feel like my grandmother when I showed her the internet years ago.

• Ratbert
    Ratbert
    ✭✭
    Welcome to MMOs! They can be very overwhelming at first but with anything give it time and you start to pick it up. If you try to soak it all in at once it'll seem like too much.

#1. For smithing, and I'm not expert either, it doesn't appear to work like the stand alone games at all. I have had much more success smashing all my heavy items I don't need and getting far more experience rather than making things. I always look at armor I find and see if it has the 280% inspiration gain. Smashing that item will give you a pretty big bonus to the experience bar in smithing.

Others have suggested on smithing is find a buddy or make an alt. You can make things and send to each other to smash. Then you get better experience out of smashing each others gear rather than smashing the stuff you make. This can supposedly be done with an alt as well if you create another character and send things between each other.

#3. There's a ton of content that can be solo'd so if that is your style you are good to go. Some stuff will be groups for sure. There are some mobs that might take a friend to help bring down here and there. The game can be played your way but some stuff you are going to need to find some people to help attack it. It does help to have a mic for coordination. Otherwise you are not sure who is doing what or who needs a minute to free up some inventory etc.

#4. Much easier on a PC for this with the keyboard/chat box. Fortunately I came into the game with friends already. But the game has an built in guild finder I believe. Also you can search the forums if you are looking for a guild. Once in a guild there are dedicated voice channels for just the guild so you can chat and make things a bit easier. If you are like me I don't like to be in the public chat channels as they are a mess for the most part.

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    "#1: the entire crafting thing confuses me.... In Skyrim, I made a billion daggers and leveled up quickly ;-) it seems that leveling up blacksmithing/ making wepons and armor in this game will be painstakingly slow. Finding materials in nature is so hard... stealing them and deconstructing them only works one time..."

A: My experience is different. I normally am ahead of my characters level. I deconstruct everything that is not ornament (sells for more to the npc). And I do the daily writs. Specially when you get the survey, you can get tons of mats to bridge any gap (or keep it for tomorrow's writ). I stop doing writs once I reached level 5-10-15 etc before reaching the area where those mats drop.

"#2 What exactly do I have to do to get to Cyrodill? I made it to level 10... It seems I have to join a group of people online to get access... is this true? If so, what's the easiest way?"

A: Some what. The main game works on a megaserver system. That means that more copies of maps (shards) are created if needed. For PvP this would mean somewhat outbalanced system and people loosing and gaining progress cause of this. So you need to choose a campaign. That is basically deciding what copy of the map you are on. for easy reference and for making sure you end up on the same as your friends, they are named. I do recommend joining a levelling campaign, cause the veteran rank players are not allowed in there (so you have a fighting chance).

"#3 What is the deal with joining other folks in this game? People are asking me to join them constantly... So I accept their offer and we pal around together - and i need the headset/mic to do this right? ( i know... first mmo)"

A: There has been some issues with the grouping system on the console. You don't need a headset/mic to group up, but it is convinient, cause you might want to talk with eachother (for example, what to do as a group).

"#4 How would you suggest joining other groups of people? There are guilds... there are "join me" and lets kill things together... etc... there are groups of people who seem to be together and like doing weird emotes in large groups naked or in weird costumes..."

A: tro start with the large groups naked and doing emotes. There is a thing called role playing. That is a separate breed of people in mmorpg's. They go to a further level to pretend it is all real. This includes the way they communicate and how they act to eachother. So they actually go to a waterfall, undress and shower, cause that is what you would do if it was real. And other roleplayers might complain bout your smell if you don't. It is something that is your thing or isn't your thing. I would suggest looking out for the update notes for the console. the grouping is bugged and I'm hopefull they are making some changes/fixes to it.

"#5 Marriage... can you only marry another real player?"

A: I did hear bout someone who married a horse....it wasn't a succesfull marriage. But ye. The purpose of marriage in ESO is to gain xp when playing with your partner. So only real players. besides...otherwise everyone would be after "Crafty Larisse"!
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lastango wrote: »
    Xbox one console...

Please point me to a more appropriate forum(s) if necessary....

and...

I have attempted to figure these question out by researching these forums and online... and I am still not completely clear... I think it's because I am 1000 years old and never played an MMO.

#1: the entire crafting thing confuses me.... In Skyrim, I made a billion daggers and leveled up quickly ;-) it seems that leveling up blacksmithing/ making wepons and armor in this game will be painstakingly slow. Finding materials in nature is so hard... stealing them and deconstructing them only works one time...

Is there any way you'd suggest using my time productively to build a blacksmithing skill?

#2 What exactly do I have to do to get to Cyrodill? I made it to level 10... It seems I have to join a group of people online to get access... is this true? If so, what's the easiest way?

#3 What is the deal with joining other folks in this game? People are asking me to join them constantly... So I accept their offer and we pal around together - and i need the headset/mic to do this right? ( i know... first mmo)

#4 How would you suggest joining other groups of people? There are guilds... there are "join me" and lets kill things together... etc... there are groups of people who seem to be together and like doing weird emotes in large groups naked or in weird costumes...

#5 Marriage... can you only marry another real player?

Thanks...

I hope I was somewhat clear about my MMO type questions... I really don't know where to start with joining other players... I feel like my grandmother when I showed her the internet years ago.

Hello mate ican help with crafting weapons and armour in general. Most efficient way of lvling is not building but deconstructing loot times or items made by others. And remember the higher lvl item - more points. Furthermore you can deconstruct stolen items without laundering them - so go ahead and find a good INSTANCED store - in closed room steal everything and now watch out! If you dont have full inventory log out of the game and log back in - you dont ahve to close the game. On pc all armour in shops and all containers respawn - so go ahead and steal some more. Btw the same trick allows you to respawn containers in any instance- homes, banks etc but also dungeons. It works on pc i have no doubt it also works on consoles. BUt try and tell me if im wrong.
  • lastango
    lastango
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome feedback! Thanks all... and I had no idea that the naked people doing emotes were actually building real skills ;-)
    An emote group... wow!