Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Imagine my disappointment...

Ephany
Ephany
✭✭
In reaching level 49 and getting ready for the final boss encounter only to discover that on this MMORPG, the final boss in the main story is part of a solo :/

I can have random players killing the boss in dungeons before I even see it, and it counting towards my quests all the way through, but I can't team up with some guild mates to take on the final big bad? Where's the sense in that?
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ephany wrote: »
    In reaching level 49 and getting ready for the final boss encounter only to discover that on this MMORPG, the final boss in the main story is part of a solo :/

I can have random players killing the boss in dungeons before I even see it, and it counting towards my quests all the way through, but I can't team up with some guild mates to take on the final big bad? Where's the sense in that?

But not just a solo! A solo you have a hard time even dying at! Let's also not forget the "GREATEST NECROMANCER TAMRIEL HAS EVER SEEN, ARMIES QUAKE AT THE SIGHT OF HIM" who can be killed with light attack spamming so long as you have any additional health regeneration more than your character comes built-in with, at least as of a few months ago. Not even a heal... all you had to do was spam light attack with either a scrap of hitpoint regeneration or even the worst gear you can use then cast a heal over time spell on yourself :p.

That's what comes from trying to appeal to everyone.
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The main story of an MMORPG is never meant to be handled as a group. If it was it would mean the game relies almost entirely on either co-op or PvP or even both.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But not just a solo! A solo you have a hard time even dying at! Let's also not forget the "GREATEST NECROMANCER TAMRIEL HAS EVER SEEN, ARMIES QUAKE AT THE SIGHT OF HIM" who can be killed with light attack spamming so long as you have any additional health regeneration more than your character comes built-in with, at least as of a few months ago. Not even a heal... all you had to do was spam light attack with either a scrap of hitpoint regeneration or even the worst gear you can use then cast a heal over time spell on yourself :p.

That's what comes from trying to appeal to everyone.

Try soloing him without Meridia's blessing (or buff, or whatever it is). Much more satisfying fight.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back pre-nerf Doshia and Gutripper.

Those encounters were good checks to make sure people understood how to play the game, and be effective in combat. After they were nerfed, I believe a lot more people that didn't really play well made it to end-game without ever really learning how to play effectively.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main story of an MMORPG is never meant to be handled as a group. If it was it would mean the game relies almost entirely on either co-op or PvP or even both.
    ESO is only one of two of the 7 MMORPG's I play which does allow/force a solo progression through the entire story-line .. I guess you've not played many MMORPGs.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Those encounters were good checks to make sure people understood how to play the game, and be effective in combat. After they were nerfed, I believe a lot more people that didn't really play well made it to end-game without ever really learning how to play effectively.

Mannimarco was one patch after his introduction, too (he was horrendously weak when I reached him, as the first and as far as I know only player to do so during closed beta in that patch before the next wipe, so I submitted feedback that as the "GREATEST NECROMANCER TO EVER WALK THE LANDS OF TAMRIEL!" in the storyline, he should be a challenging battle and could serve to help people make sure their character's setup wasn't completely broken for when they hit endgame)... but then he was nerfed repeatedly, basically every single patch, until launch... and then another time after :p. Today as everyone well knows... "speedbump" would be too generous an adjective to describe him with.

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭

It's an MMO, not a single player with co-op options.
    Almost all MMOs I've played have the final boss of the story taken down by a group.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gutripper never was hard, Doshia was hard mainly because this was the first time you saw the Harvester mechanic and in at least one of the factions the room she was in was so small you were barely conscious of the floating balls.

The nerfbat swung too hard, I would agree, but the beta version was so hugely over-tuned only a fraction of players were completing it on-level, and once ZOS had decided to level-scale this stuff they HAD to tone it down!

• Pallmor
    Pallmor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    ESO is only one of two of the 7 MMORPG's I play which does allow/force a solo progression through the entire story-line .. I guess you've not played many MMORPGs.

This isn't Every-Other-MMO. It's Elder Scrolls Online.
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hm? MMORPG's aren't single-player games... out of around 14 MMORPG's I have played for more than a month each in the past 15+ years, this is the only one to force you to solo critical story areas. And even SWTOR allowed friends to come into your story quests, with the caveat that they wouldn't get the quest completion themselves without having you join theirs later. That game was designed far more heavily around storyline and roleplaying than ESO.

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pallmor wrote: »

Yeah, the whole "let's be different to be different, not because it's better" thing hasn't resulted in anything good so far. This is just one more example for the pile :(.

✭✭✭✭✭

It's an MMO, not a single player with co-op options.
    Almost all MMOs I've played have the final boss of the story taken down by a group.

TBH, the content in this game is not hard enough to have to have a group to play it. Most of the content in this game can be solo and having just one more player in your group can make something that could be a little challenging too easy.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I argued against that back in the PC beta days. It's ridiculous that for most of the main quest you are solo-only in an MMO, all the way to the end.

Yet, in other places your character gets to camp with others to wait for some boss to respawn.

I defies logic.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    I started a new character after console launch.... It is pitiful how easy it is now... I am now lv 32 using level 8 gear and only now have I noticed a slight challenge.

Tempted to go all the way to VR1 with the lv 8 gear.... definitely doable... may upgrade weapon to shorten the last fight....

I hope some of the new content will be a bit more challenging!
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny it plays exactly like standard theme park mmo, i sure was fooled.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be honest, for the most part, this game is laughably easy. I'm with Attorney on this one.

They've nerfed absolutely everything there is in this game. Even people with completely broken specs can make it through what are supposed to be difficult encounters, like the Mannimarco fight.

I recently played through the main story line again on an alt with blue set crafted gear, and it was really a joke.
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »
    I started a new character after console launch.... It is pitiful how easy it is now... I am now lv 32 using level 8 gear and only now have I noticed a slight challenge.

Tempted to go all the way to VR1 with the lv 8 gear.... definitely doable... may upgrade weapon to shorten the last fight....

I hope some of the new content will be a bit more challenging!

Oh, its definately doable. I can atest to that.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm? MMORPG's aren't single-player games... out of around 14 MMORPG's I have played for more than a month each in the past 15+ years, this is the only one to force you to solo critical story areas..

GW2 has solo only story areas.
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Hm? MMORPG's aren't single-player games... out of around 14 MMORPG's I have played for more than a month each in the past 15+ years, this is the only one to force you to solo critical story areas..

As part of the main-story of the game, or on side-quests?
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »

Really? i remeber helping a guy with few of them - no problems.

• Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But it would benefit immensely in terms of player satisfaction and revenue generation if it was, in places, a bit more like "Every-Other-MMO.

Being different is great IF, a) it works, and b) it is at least as good as that which you are striving to be different from.

90% of the "ESO Let's Be Different™" decisions have failed at one or the other of those, and remaining 10% have failed at BOTH.

Which is why the game needed to go B2P to try and generate store fed revenues, and why most of the people I speak to about the Console launch claim it is "the worst Console launch in history".

Being Different™ is only viable as a business model is what you are doing differently works.

ESO has, so far, failed to manage that.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The final boss is easy, you become a god, did they buff him since last may or something?
  • Ephany
    Ephany
    ✭✭
    RedTalon wrote: »
    The final boss is easy, you become a god, did they buff him since last may or something?

Na, he's still mega easy.
    That's whats disappointing. That it's so easy, it's a solo :/
  • SLy_Kyti
    SLy_Kyti
    ✭✭✭✭
    I took down Mannimarco this last time with a one shot of my bow. :/
    I was all quaking and shaking cause I died before. Found him harder than Molag bal back then. What a disappointment.
    He's utterly nerfed. Squishier than the flies on my windshield.

Molag-Bal, now- his Titans surrounding him don't even move for most of the fight, sometimes I've had reports they never move at all. Leaving one to fight and kite Bal around the pillar for a few minutes. It's sad how easy this game has become. And no it's not just because I am better.

Used to be- it meant something to beat these bosses. You'd gear up, prepare and have guildies and friends cheering the fight as it went. /sigh

To the OP-
    There are many more fights where you're going to have to face your fate alone. Put a heal on your bar, learn to move and block.
    Good Luck.

Edited by SLy_Kyti on June 23, 2015 6:00PM
    Master Crafter: Almost all motifs
    GM~ Blades of Old Tamriel NA/AD
    Member~ NZAD
    Member~ Blades of Vengeance NA/AD
    -Tamriel College -Amazing Deals of Nirn-
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beat him butt naked. Twice ...