The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Earning crowns and ESO plus sub

Noomfy-Mop
Noomfy-Mop
✭✭
Just a quick and, hopefully, easy one.
Do you or can you earn crowns IN GAME or do you have to spend real life money to get them?

And this ESO plus subscription.. Is it a monthly or yearly sub?
It makes sense that it'd be monthly (especially since they got rid of subscription to play) but it says NOWHERE in the psstore description of ESO plus if it's monthly or yearly and personally I find the vagueness slightly deceitful.
They sucked me in with me being naive and assuming it was yearly.

But you know what they say.. Assumption is the mother of all F-ups
AND
Assumption makes an ass of you and me - assume - ass..u..me.. :p
This is my signature.
Original. Right ;p!
  • HeavyCrotch
    HeavyCrotch
    Soul Shriven
    Only if you spend your real money, you can't earn crowns in game.. Well not that I've seen anyway dude!

And as regards to the ESO plus it's monthly, why would they make £10 when they could make £120 ;)

You on European servers?
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    @HeavyCrotch

dam.. I thought so. I just think its a bit of a bugger that it doesn't specify the length of ESO plus sub in the ps store.
    as I said it makes sense that its monthly since they got rid of the subscription to actually play.
    they gotta make their dollars somehow.

but no. on North American sorry.

cheers for the info.
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Love_Daggerfall
    Love_Daggerfall
    ✭✭✭
    I had a look at the crowns shop and there was nothing I wanted
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    @Love_Daggerfall

im pretty much the same.
    the only interesting thing I saw (and in turn bought) was the dark horse mount.. the one with flaming hoofs and eyes.

other than that. pets.. pfft!! no thanks.. itd be a different story if they'd actually help me in a fight. but they don't so ill pass.
    the bundles are meh!
    the consumables.. again meh as well as over priced.
    the costumes seem SLIGHTLY interesting but again over priced.
    the upgrades (for your mount) can be purchased from any stable anyway and is A LOT cheaper than 1000 crowns.. typically around 250 gold ive found although you can only get 1 with a maximum 10 upgrades per ability (capacity, stamina and speed) every 24 hours so I don't know if the crown store upgrade gives you all 10 levels of upgrade at once or not.

the upgrades are the most appealing but as with everything else seem way overpriced and its not really clear what your getting.. im not going to spend 1000 crowns for ONE extra slot in my inventory. if its 10 extra slots then maybe and that's a real big maybe since its not 100% clear if its 10 or 1.
    it says 10 in the title but in the description it says "1 per lesson".. no way in hell am I going to spend 10,000 crowns to upgrade 1 of my horses abilities, 30,000 to upgrade them all when I can get them from a stable for a fraction of the cost. though its time consuming, 30 days to fully upgrade your mounts speed, stamina and carry capacity. id dare say that most people will be playing on 30 separate days though so not so much of a problem.
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!
  • Love_Daggerfall
    Love_Daggerfall
    ✭✭✭
    The PC is getting Double XP for Crowns I been reading about.
    If it comes to console I would buy it for my healer as I use him as a Guild suport healer.
    That would be something very useful for everyone.
  • Noomfy-Mop
    Noomfy-Mop
    ✭✭
    hmmm.
    that does sound like an actual useful purpose for crowns.
    im sure consoles will get it soon enough.

athough I can already see the discussions about how its cheating in some way or another.. have you seen any of the threads where people are complaining about ESO plus members getting 10% extra experience.
    and that's only 10% extra let alone 100% extra lol.
    they'll pull out all the "pay to win" crap or whatever their creative yet narrow minds come up with.

id actually consider making a second character if that were introduced. I don't have the time.... ill be honest. I don't have the patience to try and reach level cap with more than one char.
    Im loving the game and might reconsider that mind set in the future but atm ones enough for me :D
    This is my signature.
    Original. Right ;p!