Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

THE MOONLIT PATH QUEST IS BROKEN!!!

DynastyDL513
I am doing the quest "The Moonlit Path" in reapers march, I got to the plane of Jode and the objective marker say defend the silver and the green lady, but NOTHING HAPPENS!!! THIS LITERALLY STOPS MY PROGRESSION IN THE GAME WITH A CHARACTER IVE SPENT MANY MANY HOURS ON! IVE BEEN WAITING TWO DAYS AND IT HASNT BEEN ADRESSED ! Ive tried to reset my game, reset my xbox, logout, then back in, trying to reset the instance, no matter what i do this quest does not progress! After so so many problems with this game i have finally come to a literal brick wall. thanx zenimax
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try abandoning and picking up the quest again? Try that, and this time when you do the quest, do it during a low population time on your server. I have done a couple of quests in AD when the population was high and noticed long load screens and sluggish spawns from monster npc.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 23, 2015 11:45AM
  • strata2
    strata2
    ✭✭✭
    This quest has an issue similar to the Prisoner of Jathsogur. If you can get everyone to to wait by the entrance portal the NPCs will spawn appropriately. I left my character logged out there and came in at an off-peak time when nobody was there and got it completed.
  • TheFallenRise
    TheFallenRise
    Soul Shriven
    This needs a fix yesterday... seriously please zenimax fix the bugged quests so we can progress normally without having to turn a simple quest into a several hour or day chore just to get to end game. This quest is a requirement towards getting to coldharbour and quite frankly should not be bugged. Here's hoping I find some people who know what to do to get past this bug.
  • IronChefYoshi
    IronChefYoshi
    Soul Shriven
    Seriously, this is crazy! This quest worked on PC because they had zone chat and could tell each other where to wait. It doesn't work on console when most players opt out of voice channels, and we don't have "follow me" or "wait here" quick chat options.
  • TSoul977
    TSoul977
    Omg not another prisoner of jathsogur shoot me now
  • WolfgangArmadeus
    WolfgangArmadeus
    ✭✭✭
    I know this quest would work fine if there were not 30 people standing around with "get close to one another" above their heads... Its the same as prisoner of jathsogur. The quest would be fine if you could have a solo option. I personally hate playing with a bunch of randoms running around on my screen, these issues just make it worse... They should have made main quest all solo. Apparently they have addressed the issue on pc and the console patch is at the end of this month...

Edit: I got pretty lucky, the servers crashed and when they came back on i was the first person at the "bugged" checkpoint. Proves my point though, completed the rest of the quest within 5 minutes, it just took there being no-one around to complete it... The game itself is fine, it is the randoms running around clueless, making it impossible for the rest of us...
    Edited by WolfgangArmadeus on July 4, 2015 10:41AM
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is hope after all I guess! I will just have to log in at 3am an hope that aren't any trolls launching arrows in the basement.
    But you know there will be, maybe I can pay him gold to leave.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Gruntz_II
    Gruntz_II
    ✭✭✭
    It's happening again now. People everywhere waiting, but nothing happening.
  • Baaliel
    Baaliel
    Soul Shriven
    Game is so buggy. I'm seriously thinking about ending my subscription till its fixed
  • whyB
    whyB
    ✭✭✭
    This problem is still happening. Based off of the last patch update:

"Reaper's March
    •The Moonlit Path: You will now consistently be able to complete the event “Defend the Silvenar and the Green Lady."

I've been emailing with Support and they directed me to this post....from two months ago, after a patch was implemented to resolve the issue, saying there will be another patch released for this....lol
  • RyuLevone
    RyuLevone
    ✭✭
    I had the same problem when I did this quest, but you need to do more than go wait by the portal. You need to get every person in the area to leave back through the portal, wait a few, and then come back in. Nearly impossible, I know, but when I was doing the quest this guy somehow got every single person in the area to listen and leave the area so the enemies could spawn in. I was extremely surprised he was able to do it. Other than getting that act of god to happen, your best bet is to play at a not peak time or right after maintenance ends.
    Edited by RyuLevone on August 25, 2015 2:31PM
  • whyB
    whyB
    ✭✭✭
    Wish they would "patch" this (for a second time)
  • Iman_Oldie
    Iman_Oldie
    ✭✭
    Six years later and still broken. The devs spend all their time on new content instead of bugs :(
    PS4 N/A