Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quest and Location Levels [DC]

Scorpio_Alik'ri
So I was recently doing a fighters guild quest in Daggerfall (Glenumbra) and after I completed the first mission, I was sent to Wayrest (Stormhaven). When I got there I realized all of the NPCs and creatures were level 20 or above making them extremely hard to fight. I'm only a lvl 12 at the moment and had no idea that locations were leveled. Older TES games scaled to you normally.

Does this mean I have to stay in Glenumbra until lvl 20? It seems like the more you travel north from Daggerfall, the higher it gets. Sucks that I have to wait until level 30 or so to get to my homeland the Alik'r desert!
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best to clear a zone of all quests before moving on .. the Fighters guild quests do tend to point you ahead of where you need to go and if you just follow the Fighter's guild quest you will change zones too quickly.

Scaling occurs in dungeons but not in open world.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• Scorpio_Alik'ri
    That clears things up. I was confused when doing quests when I started the game and was running all over the map :D