The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

black and white dyes missing.. no chance for me to get ?

naiky7
naiky7
hello

so i ve been hunting hard after a black uncommon dye, . did all the cave clearing. killing tons of mobs, than exporing the places to get the requirements in Auridon.

and i end up getting an ugly greenish black.. all the time and work to get such an ugly colour i was upset. but it seems impossible to get true white and black dyes. i know as the game proceeds some get unlocked but not those true ones i am seeking for. and who knows how long it may take to finally have them. + there are no previews. where i could test them on the armor. so it seems like a lucky fishing..

is there any crown offer? i wouldnt mind buying it either. dont know what to do further... any ideas?
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coldharbour black I think is what you're looking for.....and a bright white is for completing Aetherian Archive (aka AA, which is a 12 man trial)
    Edited by Cuyler on June 22, 2015 4:56PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Ace_of_Destiny
    Ace_of_Destiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    naiky7 wrote: »
    hello

so i ve been hunting hard after a black uncommon dye, . did all the cave clearing. killing tons of mobs, than exporing the places to get the requirements in Auridon.

and i end up getting an ugly greenish black.. all the time and work to get such an ugly colour i was upset. but it seems impossible to get true white and black dyes. i know as the game proceeds some get unlocked but not those true ones i am seeking for. and who knows how long it may take to finally have them. + there are no previews. where i could test them on the armor. so it seems like a lucky fishing..

is there any crown offer? i wouldnt mind buying it either. dont know what to do further... any ideas?
    If they put dyes in the crown store...I would buy them INSTANTLY!
    EQUALIZE ALL PLATFORMS!
    IF ONE HAS IT...ALL SHOULD HAVE IT!
    !

)==================================================(
    ~MegaServer~>PS4 (NA) ~PSN~>Ace-of-Destiny
    )===================================================(
    I don't care what platform it is on...an MMORPG without Text Chat is NOT an MMORPG!
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legate black is best black.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to have trouble remembering which dye comes with which achievement, but I think there are 2 black dyes associated with vampirism: one for getting the achievement to become a vampire, and one for getting the achievement for maxing out the vampire skill line.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • naiky7
    naiky7
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Coldharbour black I think is what you're looking for.....and a bright white is for completing Aetherian Archive (aka AA, which is a 12 man trial)

do i need to be a certain level for the bright white to do the Aetherian Archive ?
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Vampirism has a black and a white.

Aetherian Archive is a V12 12-person raid. I think the white from it is too glary and hardly ever use it. I hear the vamp white is better. I'm about to find out.

I do love the Coldharbour black. I use it on my NB a lot.
    The Moot Councillor
  • naiky7
    naiky7
    so i will need to become a vampire to get it instantly? or what has to be done?

and how to become human again after? not so keen on being a vamp lol
  • naiky7
    naiky7
    any news?
  • dRudE
    dRudE
    ✭✭✭
    Become a vamp, get to level 10 in the skill line then visit a certain member of the mages guild to remove vampirism for a small fee. That will give you the black dye.
  • naiky7
    naiky7
    dRudE wrote: »
    Become a vamp, get to level 10 in the skill line then visit a certain member of the mages guild to remove vampirism for a small fee. That will give you the black dye.

i m a bit confused this page says there need to be lvl 38 i m only level 15. is it still doable?
    http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/become-vampire-eso/

and i am in the Aldmeri Dominion alliance, Auridon map. not sure how to get there.

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are AD, you would need to get to Reaper's March to do the quest. I'm just doing it on my sorc, but I believe the quest is not hard regardless of your level (if you are careful).

And the priest of Arkay will remove it easily, so no worries there.

Though while you are a vampire, you may want to stay out of fire...
    The Moot Councillor
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I got cured at Vamp level 4.Just go to Riften to the Mages guild.The Priest upstairs will cure you for a small fee.
  • naiky7
    naiky7

I got cured at Vamp level 4.Just go to Riften to the Mages guild.The Priest upstairs will cure you for a small fee.

i m not in ebonheart alliance cant reach there otherwise...
    or will the dye unlocking apply to the whole account?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i m not in ebonheart alliance cant reach there otherwise...
    or will the dye unlocking apply to the whole account?
    Every alliance has its own vampirism contraction and cure location. AD's is in Reaper's March. (The priest for the cure is in Rawl'kha Mages Guild.) But yes, dye unlocks apply to the whole account.
    Edited by Enodoc on June 30, 2015 2:32PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's how the vampire dyes work for AD players.
    Go get bitten by vampires in Reapers March. (or have one of your friends who has a vampire bite you.)
    Go to a wayshire, it may take a few trips to a wayshrine.
    You'll be met by an NPC vamp who will tell you've receaved Lamia's (sp?) gift.
    Then they will direct you to the vampire shrine, (careful if you're low level, there are 35ish lvl vampires and a vamp boss hanging around the area.)
    Once at the vamp shrine, i forget if it's touch the alter or talk to npc, maybe both.
    You'll be transported to vamp quest area.
    Do the quest, it's at lvl 30-34ish, unless they've made it scale to your lvl now. Never the less, if you're careful and pay attention to what you're doing, you can do it at lvl 15 or so.
    Once quest is completed, you gain Noxophilic Black dye for becoming a vampire.
    Progress through vampire ranks to vamp lvl 10 and get Lamae’s White dye.
    Then you can remain a vampire or go see the priest of Arky in the Rawl'kha Mages Guild and be cured.
    Either way, you still keep the dyes.
    Hope this helps.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on June 30, 2015 2:51PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • naiky7
    naiky7
    Go get bitten by vampires in Reapers March. (or have one of your friends who has a vampire bite you.)

how do i get to Reapers March? i m still stuck on the AURIDON isle
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how do i get to Reapers March? i m still stuck on the AURIDON isle
    A nice long walk :)
    Go to Skywatch docks, talk to Scout Linimondil to get a boat to Grahtwood. Walk from Haven to Cormount, then keep going north. When you reach a barred gateway, go through the nearby cave to get to Reaper's March.

Alternatively, you may be able to find another player who is already in Reaper's March and use the Travel to Player option to go straight there.
    Edited by Enodoc on July 1, 2015 9:59PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good white that is easiest to get is from maxing out the Vampire skill line the black you get for becoming a Vamp isnt very black its a little more on the grayish side. The black you are looking for comes from beating Molag.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte