Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you level up skills

sirhellraiser
I am trying to level up my skill called crystal fragments it seems to be stuck halfway i used it all the time and dont see any gain. So how do you level it up?
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be enough to have it on bar (not even use it ) to lvl. Perhaps you are doing quests in area you outleveld? If so check if you have the bar with that skill active (selected) when you finish quests. XP from quests (you get xp even for quetsts you outleveld) complition lvls your skills only if you have them on active bar in the moment of finishing quests.
  • sirhellraiser
    my bar for that skill is half way and its active i use it all the time. How do i know i am doing quest that i have out leveled?
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it should be in grey but it doesnt matter. It just means taht mobs you will kill during it propably wont give you xp. Quest itself should.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure the bar with fragments is active when you go to turn in the quest rewards.
    Edited by Cuyler on June 22, 2015 4:21PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • sirhellraiser
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Make sure the bar with fragments is active when you go to turn in the quest rewards.

How can you do this on the xbox one?
  • SURxR3AL
    SURxR3AL
    ✭✭✭
    When you turn in a quest make sure you have that abilitie on your abilitie bar once your turn in your quest it will put so in all the abilities that are on your current weapon abilitie slots....if you have weapon swap just make sure the wepon you have crystal frags on is on the screen when you turn in the quest
    NA Server (Xbox One)
    Magika Sorc - Zane Cloudreaver(EP)
    Magika Temp - Revan V'ile(EP)
    Stam DK - Kraven V'ile(AD)
    Stam NB- Relic V'alor(DC)
    Stam Sorc- Veric Septim(AD)
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    How can you do this on the xbox one?

By active, they just mean that you are currently using the skill bar (5 skills + ultimate skill) that has crystal fragments on it. So you need to make sure you haven't accidentally weapon swapped or something before turning in your quests.

If you are below level 15, you haven't acquired the second skill bar (and can't weapon swap in combat)...So that wouldn't even be an issue yet :)
  • sirhellraiser
    I am lvl 15 and its on the first skill bar i dont even use my second one yet
  • Allyhoo811
    Allyhoo811
    ✭✭✭
    I am lvl 15 and its on the first skill bar i dont even use my second one yet

If you don't use the second bar, crystal fragments should be leveling when you turn in quests. It does take a lot longer to go from Crystal Fragments III to Crystal Fragments IV than it takes to go from Crystal Fragments I to Crystal Fragments II. Maybe that is the issue.

I would just continue playing for awhile and see if the skill bar eventually starts to move. If it doesn't move after a little bit, I guess it could be bugged, and in that case I'd fill out a help ticket in game.
    Edited by Allyhoo811 on June 22, 2015 8:10PM
  • sirhellraiser
    ok thanks i will keep grinding
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sirhellraiser, mine has been stuck too. Any progress?