Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Becoming a Werewolf question

zdragonlord
I have a general question regarding the whole process (EhP). How exactly can I go about getting lycanthropy without buying my way through it or hitting the high 30s?

Reasons I'm avoiding player-to-player:
> I usually play solo, or with people I know (past issues kinda deviate me from randoms if I can avoid it). Thus I am very reluctant to join a random guild just to get a bite.

> I am a gold hoarder, lol. I spend it on supplying my own guildmates and expanding bank/pack space. Thus I am usually poor and the asking price s crazy 90% of the time.

I'm not asking for a player to help, I just want to know the solo way to get it done, preferably ASAP. Some guides are saying you only have an hour window to find the werewolf mobs each week, that true? I know to scour Riften, but is there a level requirement to even get the disease? Tried for a while at lv 17, and a friend constantly healing so I didn't die (basic templar heal, without cure perk), and still got nowhere.

Thanks for the advice and help guys,
ZDL

Best Answer

• Krombie
    Krombie
    ✭✭✭

Here is an extract from
    http://teso.mmorpg-life.com/become-werewolf-eso/

Find rare monster spawns in Reaper’s March, Bangkorai, or The Rift.
    In order to become a werewolf you need to get Sanies Lupinus disease, which you get if you get hit by rare Warewolfs that spawn only at certain spots, in certain zones and at a certain time. They spawn in level 37-44 zones of each faction, which means they spawn in Bangkorai, the Rift and Reaper’s March. They only spawn at night, during the full moon (or so is rumored). Once you become infected you should go to a nearby wayshrine where you’ll get to start the quest Hircine’s Gift. This is a level 38 quest that once completed grants you the Werewolf skill line.

I always get my bites from guild mates for free, but to do it solo in my experience is mostly roaming around the Rift when werewolf spawning is active, I'm not completely sure when that is but when the werewolf attacks you you should get the
    Lupinus disease. As far as Im concerned there is no level requirement for getting the disease though The rift is a level 37 + Zone wich that's why im guessing you think there is a level req, so good luck getting the bite, hope you figure it out soon :smile:
    Answer ✓
  • VinnyTheShill
    VinnyTheShill
    ✭✭
    I have a general question regarding the whole process (EhP). How exactly can I go about getting lycanthropy without buying my way through it or hitting the high 30s?

Reasons I'm avoiding player-to-player:
    > I usually play solo, or with people I know (past issues kinda deviate me from randoms if I can avoid it). Thus I am very reluctant to join a random guild just to get a bite.

> I am a gold hoarder, lol. I spend it on supplying my own guildmates and expanding bank/pack space. Thus I am usually poor and the asking price s crazy 90% of the time.

I'm not asking for a player to help, I just want to know the solo way to get it done, preferably ASAP. Some guides are saying you only have an hour window to find the werewolf mobs each week, that true? I know to scour Riften, but is there a level requirement to even get the disease? Tried for a while at lv 17, and a friend constantly healing so I didn't die (basic templar heal, without cure perk), and still got nowhere.

Thanks for the advice and help guys,
    ZDL

Basically everyone is going to give you the same answer they keep giving me: Wait until high 30's, pay for someone to bite you, or get a friend that can bite you from a guild.

I mistakenly tried these options. Got robbed twice by people claiming to sell bites and then logging out and even got removed from a guild that claimed to help people. Really awesome people on ps4. Hopefully you have some better luck. I have wasted a few days trying and probably could have just leveled up to upper 30s. Disappointing.
    PSN ID - VinnyTheShill LF- Werewolf, Vampire, Trading, Questing Guilds. Need Bites. All alliances but AD is Main. ESO+ Member.
  • zdragonlord
    Krombie, great advice/source. Thanks. I am going to get to about a 20-25 before giving it another go, I just wanted to get a few outside opinions regarding the matter.

As for Vinny, lol that's exactly why I want to do it myself.

Thanks for the info. I will continue my hunt. Gonna take a little to rank the fighters guild for the protection and quick wolf kills, as well as the sake of irony before going back out to Riften.
  • BigBoi314
    BigBoi314
    ✭✭
    Do what I did, go to the Shrine of Hircine and pull up a chair right in the middle of all the Werewolves that usually gather there. You might accidently get bit like I did. Lol
  • VinnyTheShill
    VinnyTheShill
    ✭✭
    BigBoi314 wrote: »
    Do what I did, go to the Shrine of Hircine and pull up a chair right in the middle of all the Werewolves that usually gather there. You might accidently get bit like I did. Lol

Solid advice. Now gettng there...
    PSN ID - VinnyTheShill LF- Werewolf, Vampire, Trading, Questing Guilds. Need Bites. All alliances but AD is Main. ESO+ Member.
  • VinnyTheShill
    VinnyTheShill
    ✭✭
    Also, werewolves can't turn you right away. Unless it's a higher level one helping someone and you get lucky. Still worth a try.
  • zdragonlord

Lol, where is the shrine at? I'm good at reading a map, I just need a direction from a waystone. Thanks, never thought about going there...
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭

my wolf bites a random at the shrine (PS4 Aldmeri) ... have done it twice now - on a fresh cool down as of yesterday and no I don't take bookings
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For Ebonheart Pact, the shrine is around Fallowstone Hall, iirc.

I'm on pc, and my ww is in the EP, and I just bit someone this weekend, so the timer is running until I can do it again. I have no intention of charging anyone for a bite.

I'd be careful about jumping in front of someone to get bit, unless its an npc doing the biting. If someone paid for a bite and you get it instead of them it could be problematic.