The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

My pets disappear randomly?

gamsir
gamsir
✭✭
Se title,
All my pets simply disappear. I've tried to find a pattern, but it happens in the wild, in cities and in random houses, castles and delves. Sometimes they're gone for a couple of minutes - other times much longer. Fast traveling or going to a seperate zone doesn't help particularly
  • wackydawg
    wackydawg
    Soul Shriven
    This happens to me too and I believe I know the problem. Say you get on your horse and sprint away, the pet speed remains constant, so the faster you go the farther away your pet gets. They are still chasing after you when you're on the other side of the map.
    Options
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    Could be a reason, but this happens to me in town and on foot also, tried to backtrack, but can't find the critters stuck anywhere.

I generally want my dog for RP reasons, but it's infuriating to pay (extra) cash for something that doesn't work consistantly.
    Options
  • Sacred-G
    Sacred-G
    I have this happen too. To fix it, go to your pet, unequip it, and then re-equip it. A bit of a pain in the butt, but at least there's a work around.
    >PSN Gamertag: SacredG
    >Guildmaster of "Kronic of the Divines".
    >APPLY AT: http://kronicofthedivines.gamerlaunch.com

Options
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sacred-G wrote: »
    I have this happen too. To fix it, go to your pet, unequip it, and then re-equip it. A bit of a pain in the butt, but at least there's a work around.

this ... obviously "for RP" purposes your pet will also need to ablute etc. and explore new areas, mark territory, meet new friends ...

Seriously your pet is not going to be at your heels constantly.

Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Options
  • Nathrandir
    I find my pets disappear whenever I go deep enough into water to take a swim. Ideally, I'd like my pets to swim with me, but if they're going to despawn when I swim, they should respawn when I come out of the water again, which they don't seem to do currently.

Currently, I have to go back into the collections tab every time I come out of the water and reselect my pet to get it to appear again, even though it still shows as active. It's a bit of a hassle.
    Options
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone - hoping for a fix..
    Options
  • IbarraDoug
    Such a tiny thing to complain about when many people can't even simply play the game without a crash.
    Options
  • gamsir
    gamsir
    ✭✭
    But I can play, and got my items. My heart goes out to the poor people who aren't able to play this great game - but I've paid extra for these pets and they're not functioning properly.
    I totally understand why the dev's don't drop everything to fix this, but any glitch/bug (especially to extra paid items!) should be reported and fixed in due time.
    Options
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Must admit it would be nice to have my slinky cat pet swimming along side my khajit toon
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

Options