Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with quest. Fit to Rule.

SirGreenDay
I've completed the first task, recovering the mantle, by completing the associated quest, but I'm stuck on the last 2 objectives.

- Find Conservator Doraneth.
- Recover the Heart of Anumaril.

Ive searched in the 2 search "circles", but can't find squat.

Why aren't there quest markets for this quest??

So, if someone could give me some pointers, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    If I remember correctly, you have to do the quests in those locations. There should be a quest giver somewhere in the circle, and you need to do their quest in order to get what you are looking for.

Hope this helps, and good luck!
    PS4 NA
  • SirGreenDay
    If I remember correctly, you have to do the quests in those locations. There should be a quest giver somewhere in the circle, and you need to do their quest in order to get what you are looking for.

Huh?

Why would they to that?

HOW the heck are you supposed to know that you have to do a different quest to complete the quest you have as ACTIVE?

I could understand if your quest marker pointed to an NPC, that then gave you a new quest, but to expect a player to just figure out that they have to start a totally new quest to complete the current quest, is just stupidity.

Wow. Zenimax has no clue what they're doing.
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    I am guessing that they are going for story depth. It took me a short while, too, to figure it out. The items that you are supposed to obtain have their own story to them, thus the extra quests. Were you able to find/finish them?
    PS4 NA
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

Huh?

Why would they to that?

HOW the heck are you supposed to know that you have to do a different quest to complete the quest you have as ACTIVE?

I could understand if your quest marker pointed to an NPC, that then gave you a new quest, but to expect a player to just figure out that they have to start a totally new quest to complete the current quest, is just stupidity.

Wow. Zenimax has no clue what they're doing.

overarchign quests is a very common system in any MMO and it ads immersion. Too be honest, it is also not something people trip over so easily.You go to the center of the blue cirlce, there is a questgiver and he tells you to help him get the item. All you have to do is connect the two dots ("Hey this quest wants me to find item X and that questguy tells me he wants to help me to find item X, maybe those quests are related!)

So you missed a point that was very obviously slammed in your face. Learn from it, instead of blaming it on others!
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • ColdBloodedKiller
    Yeah, you have to complete the two quests near the search areas in question. I was stuck on it last night myself. I had a feeling it had something to do with those two quests, but, it was confusing due to the fact that those quests were 3-4 levels higher than the original quest. I could not accept that a level 19 or 20 quest would make you do 2 level 23 quests to complete it. It seems a little odd, but, the 2 lvl 23 quests were very easy.
    Edited by ColdBloodedKiller on June 24, 2015 4:36PM
  • Championofold
    I can't remember the quests but you aquire everything needed via others silly I know but can't be helped