Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Nightblade builds? Anyone? Help apreciated.

Slater_Reed
Iam a new player with lvl 39 nightblade, does anyone know any builds i could start working towards at this current lvl that are viable at end game content? I only ask since i seem to be having trouble finding builds where people actually explain something instead of talking about their equipment and pointing at their morphed abilities in the hotbar, leaving me completely clueless. Thank you, incase u need a bit info, iam looking towards pve content and maybe the ocasional pvp, any weapon builds will do, iam only trying to get a grip and feel for the game system.
I love when i get to download 15gb of worthless data just to get the 500mb patch, its just like waiting for the whole cake to be done when all you want is just the little cherry on the top, hmm Yumi!
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Guide is for endgame group PvE. Maybe it can help you:
    tamrielfoundry.com/topic/nb-dual-wieldbow-pve-dps-build-1-6-6/

its not for leveling or PVP, though. It's the maximum DPS for group endgame content.
    Edited by Jeckll on June 20, 2015 6:44PM
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
    Options
  • Slater_Reed
    Jeckll wrote: »
    My Guide is for endgame group PvE. Maybe it can help you:
    tamrielfoundry.com/topic/nb-dual-wieldbow-pve-dps-build-1-6-6/

its not for leveling or PVP, though. It's the maximum DPS for group endgame content.
    Thank you i will check it out, i apreciate it
    I love when i get to download 15gb of worthless data just to get the 500mb patch, its just like waiting for the whole cake to be done when all you want is just the little cherry on the top, hmm Yumi!
    Options
  • Slater_Reed
    Added it to my bookmarks, as soon i reach 50, and start endgame pve content i will try and use this, btw you wouldnt happen to have a link to one of these 2h builds as well would you? Seems interesting, ty again
    Options
  • theghost133
    In my experience, Nightblade is best for DPS but doesn't have as many passives that would allow for serious tanking. However Nightblade has probably one of the biggest game changers compared to other classes with the Siphoning skill tree. NB make for a good DPS dual wield or ranged class and each have their own pros and cons but honestly no matter which path you choose to follow or how you allot your character traits (Be it stamina builds, Mage, or Tanks) siphoning will really come in handy no matter what especially since the first 2 skills you get involve not only damaging the enemy but also stealing their health or reducing movement speed.

I can't speak for dual wield but as for ranged specifically bow and arrow the skills I use are:
    Siphoning
    • Swallow Soul
    • Crippling Grasp
    Bow
    • Focused Aim
    • Magnum Shot
    • Bombard

These seem to work pretty good for both PVP and PVE as most of the damage dealt is physical damage and includes a fair amount of knockback potential (Mag. Shot puts 12m room between you and target and is instant cast, its a good break away from those dreaded Dragon Knights) and speed buffers. All in all I would say make sure to check out @Jeckll 's guide and a few others and do some experimenting, see what works best for you.

Best of luck!
    Options
  • Slater_Reed
    In my experience, Nightblade is best for DPS but doesn't have as many passives that would allow for serious tanking. However Nightblade has probably one of the biggest game changers compared to other classes with the Siphoning skill tree. NB make for a good DPS dual wield or ranged class and each have their own pros and cons but honestly no matter which path you choose to follow or how you allot your character traits (Be it stamina builds, Mage, or Tanks) siphoning will really come in handy no matter what especially since the first 2 skills you get involve not only damaging the enemy but also stealing their health or reducing movement speed.

I can't speak for dual wield but as for ranged specifically bow and arrow the skills I use are:
    Siphoning
    • Swallow Soul
    • Crippling Grasp
    Bow
    • Focused Aim
    • Magnum Shot
    • Bombard

These seem to work pretty good for both PVP and PVE as most of the damage dealt is physical damage and includes a fair amount of knockback potential (Mag. Shot puts 12m room between you and target and is instant cast, its a good break away from those dreaded Dragon Knights) and speed buffers. All in all I would say make sure to check out @Jeckll 's guide and a few others and do some experimenting, see what works best for you.

Best of luck!

Thank you very much mr ghost, it seems to be an interesting build, will try it, i will definitely check out jecklls guide for sure as well, btw someone told me i should b putting every trait on stamina, is that accurate?
    Options
  • siide2siideGOD
    siide2siideGOD
    Soul Shriven
    You should build DW as your primary weapon class then equip a bow as your secondary. In order to level up the lesser of the two simply equip your bow right before you turn a quest in. DW maces give you the most potential DPS and armor penetration. You need a big damage dealing attack within your DW skill slots. The rapid slashes works the best for me. The bow advice you were given by THE GHOST is ON POINT! The same thing I use in my secondary. You need range in PVP so never neglect leveling up that BOW regardless of what you go with in the Primary tree. Go with the Siphoning ultimate ability. IT will knock your enemies down and when you level it up your going to be stealing the life from them while using your twin slashes. I think its always best to focus on stamina then health in that order while leveling up. My DW build doesn't use any magika to cast. Just experiment with all of the information you've gotten and go from there.
    Options
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much mr ghost, it seems to be an interesting build, will try it, i will definitely check out jecklls guide for sure as well, btw someone told me i should b putting every trait on stamina, is that accurate?

Imperials tend to put all attribute points and gear enchants on stamina due to the HP passive boost. Other races should have some HP increase, be it via attribtute points or gear. Just play and if you get one shoted by mobs, you probably need more HP :D it's hard to set a benchmark on each level...as long as you survive, you're fine.
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
    Options
  • Slater_Reed
    Thank you, iam vet rank 1 now so ill be experimenting, ty guys
    Options