The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How the heck do I get to Elden Root?

Gamertaglemieux
Gamertaglemieux
✭✭✭
Have no clue. No wayshrines.

Even worse it doesn't really even show up on map. Use current location, zoom out, and gives zero information to use.

Extremely frustrating.
Queen Ayrenn build that wall around Summerset.

Make Shimmerene great again!
  • Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even worse it doesn't really even show up on map. Use current location, zoom out, and gives zero information to use.

Extremely frustrating.

Elden Root is the big tree in the middle of the map of Grahtwood. It does indeed show up on the map and it does have a wayshrine.

Image courtesy of Dulfy.net:
    NVi0hFo.jpg

• Gamertaglemieux
    Gamertaglemieux
    ✭✭✭
    Ok where is Grahtwood?

I have no clue how to get there either.

• lathbury
    lathbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    by a ship from skyreach docks
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you in Auridon? Do you know how to get to Skywatch? At the docks there you will find someone to give you a ride to Grahtwood.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elden root is not a place, but a town. It is located in grathwood, but if you have never been there it is a lil bit challenging to get there. there are however four pretty good and easy ways (providing you are in the Aldmeri dominion, otherwise, it is very hard to get there early on).

1: check you guild. If anyone is in grathwood, ask him/her if he is (near) elden root. You can rightclick any person in your guild and choose travel too (which places you at the nearest wayshrine). Even if the person doesn't reply it is worth it cause many wayshrines are close to elden root as it is the center of the map.

2: ask in /zone if anyone is going there soon and ask to party up so you can do the same as above but in the party window.

3: you will reach it when you quest at level 20 max so it is never long anyways.

4: from vulkhel guard (the starting location) it is possible to walk there.. first leave town north and follow the road to the north west till Tanzelwill wayshrine. From there follow the route in a north direction. You will pass the island Mathijssen to the right (keep going north) and when passed it follow the road to the east to the town Skywatch. When in town locate the docks in the south and talk to the npc that allows you to travel to Grathwood (haven). The town haven is in combat, so fight your way through (or if they are too high level for you, use crouching to get past unseen). You want to exit Haven to the northwest (not strait north). Don't worry, hard part is over. follow this road north till the biggest tree. That is Elden root.

If you happen to be in PC EU AD, gimme a howler ingame and you can travel to me. @mercuryranique
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Gamertaglemieux
    Gamertaglemieux
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry but I am really list. Do appreciate the help here.

I am level 14 Aldmeri Faction. Only place I know is, Auridon, Khenarthi's Roost, Cyrodiil.

Is it any of those places?

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am level 14 Aldmeri Faction. Only place I know is, Auridon, Khenarthi's Roost, Cyrodiil.

No, it's in the zone that you go to after you've completed Auridon. Have you completed the main alliance questline in Auridon and received the quest to go to Elden Root? If so, the quest marker for that should show you who you're supposed to go talk to in order to get to Grahtwood (the next zone) on the mainland, where you can make your way to Elden Root (the capital city of the Aldmeri Dominion).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which console do you play on?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Gamertaglemieux
    Gamertaglemieux
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    Elden root is not a place, but a town. It is located in grathwood, but if you have never been there it is a lil bit challenging to get there. there are however four pretty good and easy ways (providing you are in the Aldmeri dominion, otherwise, it is very hard to get there early on).

1: check you guild. If anyone is in grathwood, ask him/her if he is (near) elden root. You can rightclick any person in your guild and choose travel too (which places you at the nearest wayshrine). Even if the person doesn't reply it is worth it cause many wayshrines are close to elden root as it is the center of the map.

2: ask in /zone if anyone is going there soon and ask to party up so you can do the same as above but in the party window.

3: you will reach it when you quest at level 20 max so it is never long anyways.

4: from vulkhel guard (the starting location) it is possible to walk there.. first leave town north and follow the road to the north west till Tanzelwill wayshrine. From there follow the route in a north direction. You will pass the island Mathijssen to the right (keep going north) and when passed it follow the road to the east to the town Skywatch. When in town locate the docks in the south and talk to the npc that allows you to travel to Grathwood (haven). The town haven is in combat, so fight your way through (or if they are too high level for you, use crouching to get past unseen). You want to exit Haven to the northwest (not strait north). Don't worry, hard part is over. follow this road north till the biggest tree. That is Elden root.

If you happen to be in PC EU AD, gimme a howler ingame and you can travel to me. @mercuryranique

THANK YOU!!!

I'm sorry but this is really just poor direction from the developer. Giving a quest and no clear direction to go.

When I zoomed out on map it showed me Cryodiil. Once again I honestly have to state how such poor design that is for a player to follow.

Basically it's like saying you have a quest in Japan, but when you zoom out of map it shows you South America.

Really Zenimax? Really? C'mon, man.

• Lionxoft
    Lionxoft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU!!!

I'm sorry but this is really just poor direction from the developer. Giving a quest and no clear direction to go.

When I zoomed out on map it showed me Cryodiil. Once again I honestly have to state how such poor design that is for a player to follow.

Basically it's like saying you have a quest in Japan, but when you zoom out of map it shows you South America.

But there is a clear direction of where to go. There's a quest marker at the docks if you pay attention.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU!!!

You do have a questmarker. If you are in auridon, the quest first leads you to skywatch and you board a ship in vulkhel guard (while you can go directly to grathwood from Skywatch too, the questline takes this detour to tell more of the story).

Once in eldenroot, the questmarker is clearly pointing to the big tree. the only exception is haven. if you are inside, the marker is pointing you the wrong way, but as soon as you exit it will return to the right direction.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Gamertaglemieux
    Gamertaglemieux
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest mine must be glitched, or so small it was not noticeable.

Have not had any other issues with quests until this one.

• SirGreenDay
    Lionxoft wrote: »

Extremely frustrating.

Elden Root is the big tree in the middle of the map of Grahtwood. It does indeed show up on the map and it does have a wayshrine.

Image courtesy of Dulfy.net:
    NVi0hFo.jpg

The problem is that no locations are labels on the map. At least on console.

Would it have been too much to ask to add zone/city names to each area of the map when your cursor is over it?

Zenimax took just too many shortcuts. They left out too many Quality of life systems.
  • mrbonbon
    mrbonbon
    Soul Shriven
    1. Go to Auridon
    2. Go to Vulkhel Guard
    3. Talk to one of the boatswain named Selandilwen at the deck
    4. You will arrive at Elden Root in Grahtwood

I know this is years old post but I wanted to provide clear instructions for beginners like me.
    Also, this page shows up on #1 or #2 results when googled.
    so... ¯\_(ツ)_/

6Ia0tlj.jpg