Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Blacklisting players

FlameArchitect
Besides kicking a player from your guild, is there some way to blacklist a player for abusing the guild system?

(Without starting a witch hunt, a player in my guild emptied the guild bank last night. Thankfully he didn't have permissions to withdraw gold, but it's still frustrating).

On a related note, is there some way to limit the number of items a player can withdraw from the guild bank at once, so that people can't abuse the system?
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Besides kicking a player from your guild, is there some way to blacklist a player for abusing the guild system?"

A: Nope, any such system would cause a witchhunt. Naming and shaming is not allowed and actually a violation of the terms of service, where stealing a guildbank empty is not

"On a related note, is there some way to limit the number of items a player can withdraw from the guild bank at once"

A: Nope.

"so that people can't abuse the system"

Reply: It is not people abusing a system. The system is that the guildleader has tools to limit who got access to the guildbank and who not- this is based on trust. It is truly a lack of human knowledge if you give jsut any member full rights in a guildbank. Only certain ranks should have that right.

Most guilds do it as follows:
    Only the leader and a few trusted officers have access to withdraw. The rest van put things in but can't take anything out. If people want something they have to ask for it.
    Some guilds have a seperate rank where some trusted players also can withdraw for personal use.

But the bottom line is, that you should only give those access that can be trusted. If you got robbed it is cause you trusted the wrong person. So seek the solution in your own judgement and not in a system that works perfectly well.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • VictoriaRachel
    VictoriaRachel
    ✭✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    So seek the solution in your own judgement and not in a system that works perfectly well.

I disagree that it works perfectly well. It works, yes. But it certainly could be improved and adding a limit to the number of items that could be removed per rank just gives a lot more flexibility to the system.

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    So seek the solution in your own judgement and not in a system that works perfectly well.

I disagree that it works perfectly well. It works, yes. But it certainly could be improved and adding a limit to the number of items that could be removed per rank just gives a lot more flexibility to the system.

perhaps, but it also limits things cause a bank needs maintanance (e.g. taking stuff out, putting it in nice stacks and putting it back), that would limit it.

My main point is that drama happens. I use an example fuctionary situation (but based on experiences in a different guild where I was an alliance leader and one of the guilds in the alliance had a simular issue).

---
    Two brothers start a guild together and grow pretty big. They are putting equal amounts of stuff in the bank to build things up. They are leading together. Then one brother sleeps with the other brothers girlfriend and it results in a fight. One of the brothers takes out his half of the content of the guildbank and leaves to start a new guild. The other brother (thet one left behind and who slept with the girlfriend) accuses him of stealing.
    ---

How much you don't want it to happen, it does happen regularly. It is why I'm saying that the current system works perffectly well. It doesn't limit anyone and gives room for all people without judging over any drama that happens.

Sadly drama will happen all the time. So this system is the best system that can exist.

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • VictoriaRachel
    VictoriaRachel
    ✭✭✭
    perhaps, but it also limits things cause a bank needs maintanance (e.g. taking stuff out, putting it in nice stacks and putting it back), that would limit it.

It would not limit it for all, just those whose rank is limited. Rather than no where you either have no access or full access, you would simply also be able to give people limited access. So you could have a rank that could withdraw 0, a rank that could withdraw 3, a rank that could with draw 5 and several officer own ranks with full access.

Also basing new functionality on existing broken fixes is never a good idea. The stacking needs to be fixed. Hopefully with how hard it is to micromanage on console this will happen soon rather then this awful work around they have currently.
    Sadly drama will happen all the time. So this system is the best system that can exist.

It is not the best system that can exist. There are many flaws. Also there would be no difference between the two systems with the addition of limits. In your scenario both brothers would be of the top ranks with full access so he could still remove his half, all it stops is a person in a lower rank removing everything.

Edit: For English.
    Edited by VictoriaRachel on June 20, 2015 6:32PM
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aye, there's not much you can do about it.
    Best bet is to make a specific Rank for new players to the guild and limit ability to withdraw items until they have been around long enough to earn some trust and a higher rank.

We've been trying to get some better guild tools for quite some time now.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA