Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Clothier Crafting question

Pyromancer90
Hi,

I am new to crafting in ESO and i wanted to upgrade my VR1 Warlock set to epic, the chest for example is "fine (green)". Do i need to improve it to "supperior (blue)", before improving it to epic (purple), Or can i simply get the materials to upgrade it to epic right away and skipping blue?
Also do i need a specific clothier level to improve armor or can anyone at any level do it?

Thanks! <3
  • Pyromancer90
    This is for light armor btw *
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to improve it step by step in order of the improvement graph at the bottom ( I don't remember the order ).
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you need to go through each stage in turn. You can't just go from green to purple without making it blue first.

Edit -> Also, you do not need to be of a certain crafting level to upgrade, but there is a passive in each armor/weapon crafting line which allows you to use significantly less upgrade materials per piece you want to upgrade, and those are restricted to various crafting levels.
    Edited by Aett_Thorn on June 19, 2015 7:52PM
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hagermanj wrote: »
    You need to improve it step by step in order of the improvement graph at the bottom ( I don't remember the order ).

The order is:

White -> Green -> Blue -> Purple -> Gold
  • ZOS_Ann
    ZOS_Ann
    ✭✭
    We are moving this thread to a more appropriate section of the forums. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Pyromancer90
    Aett_Thorn wrote: »
    hagermanj wrote: »

The order is:

White -> Green -> Blue -> Purple -> Gold

Thanks! and can you link me to a page where i can find what materials i need to get those upgrading materials because idk how to get Embroidery, looked everywhere!
  • FireflyNeph
    FireflyNeph
    ✭✭
    Your best bet, at least what I have found, is deconstructing items of those qualities. For instance, if you want mats to improve something to green, break down some green items and they should drop. There is a passive skill in each section that will increase your chances of having items drop during deconstructions, which is helpful if you are aiming for the higher level upgrade materials.
    PS4 NA