The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

(Console) (Mini)Map size - Can it be changed?

oehk
oehk
✭✭
I really hate that I have to squint to see the minimap across the room. Its using 1/3 of the screen. Why? Why since I cannot move, can it not utilize the entire screen? Also why can I not zoom in very much at all?

Nice big TV, and the damn minimap is tiny. Am I missing a control or something?
Edited by oehk on June 19, 2015 4:29PM
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you are referring to the general map. To my knowledge there is no minimap that is always on screen for consoles (correct me if I'm wrong). This functionality is only achieved through addons on PC. Anyways, the reason it doesn't take up the whole screen is so you can get a glimpse of what is still happening around you. If you get attacked, for instance, you can see and react.
    Edited by MCMancub on June 19, 2015 1:28PM
  • whyB
    whyB
    ✭✭✭
    You're correct with no mini-map on console. (XB1 anyways)
    Edited by whyB on June 19, 2015 1:31PM
  • oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭
    Sorry, it was a vague tongue in cheek. The map is so small, its a mini-map....

@MCMancub I dont need to see around me, since the screen flashes red at the borders when I am being attacked.

I should update the title, since my jab was so vague lol.
  • SirGreenDay
    oehk wrote: »
    I really hate that I have to squint to see the minimap across the room. Its using 1/3 of the screen. Why? Why since I cannot move, can it not utilize the entire screen? Also why can I not zoom in very much at all?

Seriously?

This is Zenimax.

The developer that hates consoles.

Do you honestly think they would last you adjust the map size?

Heck no. You can't even zoom in very close.

Zenimax doesn't believe in what are calked in the industry as, "Quality of life" systems.

- No text chat.
    - No public auction house.
    - No player housing.
    - Can't mute individual players in voice chat.

The list is endless.

Its a shame a good, established developer didn't make this game.

Zenimax is not a AAA developer. They are way out of their league. Its a shame.
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I would like to see the map full-screen (or at least be able to toggle it that way in the settings).

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Btharrison
    What a troll ^
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭

Seriously?

This is Zenimax.

Zenimax doesn't believe in what are calked in the industry as, "Quality of life" systems.

- No text chat.
    - No player housing.

The list is endless.

I stopped reading after this. PC players send their regards.
  • oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭

MCMancub wrote: »

Seriously?

This is Zenimax.

- No text chat.
    - No player housing.

The list is endless.

So tired of the "PC|Console" players this and that crap.

I am a PC player. I am also a Console player. I am a Mobile player as well of many titles. Are WE not just gamers, customers, consumers?

We are all customers of 1 or more platforms of this product. Why do people insist on being so narrow minded when it comes to things like this.

You sound like the numbskulls on the playground when I was a child... "oooooh you ride a schwinn what a looser, I ride a Mongoose, only idiots ride a schwin" Wake up already lol.
  • MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    MCMancub wrote: »

Seriously?

This is Zenimax.

- No text chat.
    - No player housing.

The list is endless.

So tired of the "PC|Console" players this and that crap.

I am a PC player. I am also a Console player. I am a Mobile player as well of many titles. Are WE not just gamers, customers, consumers?

We are all customers of 1 or more platforms of this product. Why do people insist on being so narrow minded when it comes to things like this.

You sound like the numbskulls on the playground when I was a child... "oooooh you ride a schwinn what a looser, I ride a Mongoose, only idiots ride a schwin" Wake up already lol.

Normally I would agree with you and find such arguments petty, but you're being obtuse if you can't seriously see how much more time and effort has been put into consoles than PC for this game. I completely understand that. It makes them more money and is better for the game. But don't go saying ZOS hates consoles when it's very, very clear they favor them.
  • oehk
    oehk
    ✭✭
    Who said ZOS hates consoles? I think you are confused about something.

My last post was about how I am so tired of the PCMR crap when we are all gamers, wanting the same thing... a better product. I am not discussing ROI, dev time to turn features around, or any of that. It was about your "PC players send their regards" comment.

Now back to the thread discussion, the damn MAP. On my PC its not quite so bad, but still should be larger as well as on the console. Both could make better use of the landscape provided.

I think its less of an issue on my PC since I am far closer to it than from my couch. I suppose this would be a great feature of a companion app eh?

• MCMancub
    MCMancub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who said ZOS hates consoles? I think you are confused about something.

My last post was about how I am so tired of the PCMR crap when we are all gamers, wanting the same thing... a better product. I am not discussing ROI, dev time to turn features around, or any of that. It was about your "PC players send their regards" comment.

Now back to the thread discussion, the damn MAP. On my PC its not quite so bad, but still should be larger as well as on the console. Both could make better use of the landscape provided.

I think its less of an issue on my PC since I am far closer to it than from my couch. I suppose this would be a great feature of a companion app eh?

Scroll up. I quoted them.
  • tist
    tist
    ✭✭✭
    In addition to the size, has anyone else found it annoying how the map resets its size every time its opened and zooms incredibly slow..