Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Seeking Good Sorc. DPS Build

NMIce00
NMIce00
I am really not amazing at creating builds. I am not having any luck looking it up online either. I created a new sorc. and I want to spend the skillpoints correctly from step one. Can anyone help me out? I would really appreciate it, and I am looking for max DPS. A good PvP build would be nice to. I assume using High Elf is appropriate.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    What level are you ? If you are starting out my advise is to have 1 skill from each of the three class-based trees on your ability bar so you can level your class trees evenly and choose a destro staff skill to level one at a time. Once you get the Mage Guild abilities you may want to have one of them on your ability bar as well - Mage Guild levels with lorebook collection, but the actual skill levels by having on your ability bar.

When you find which class subset suits your play style you will be reorganising your ability bar to maximise the skill leveling of your chosen skill set.

Unless you are high level with a good set of skill choices across the classes, destro staff and NPC guilds you are not going to need a "build" that will maximise your dps, you can respec at anytime (for in-game gold, cost based on how many skill points being freed up) once you get access to your lvl 20 faction main city. I wouldn't waste Crowns on a respec until you are end game and want to save the big gold costs of respeccing.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    and oh, yes High elf is one good place to start for a sorcerer, although Breton racials are also nice for magic users. Really, any race can play any class viably.
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• NMIce00
    NMIce00
    Thanks OzJohnD