Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HELP please!! I've tried everything.

sratengel
sratengel
I just bought ESOTU last night, created a character. When I entered the tutorial, none of the sound effects for my character or other characters are working. I CANNOT hear any sound effects or the NPC voices. I can only read the dialogue. Their mouths aren't even moving. I've restarted my xbox several times, unplugged it and waited, I've done power cycling, I've done everything put take the game back. Nothing works. It does it in both servers and on any character I create. HELP!!! i've sent in two customer service tickets
  • sratengel
    sratengel
    Im on xbox one
  • ZOS_Ann
    ZOS_Ann
    ✭✭
    We are moving this thread to Technical Support for more assistance. Good luck!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Moderation Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a similar issue with a differant game on ps4, restoring licences from console settings fixed it for me. Not sure if/where that is on xbox or if it would even work.
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • sratengel
    sratengel
    ZOS_Ann wrote: »
    We are moving this thread to Technical Support for more assistance. Good luck!

We are in the technical support group. I need this fixed. I'm uninstalling the game, will install it one more time and try it. If nothing works, I might take it and switch it for something else. I just would like some type of answer
  • sratengel
    sratengel
    Last night we bought a BRAND new xbox one and a copy of ESOTU. It did its thing, took 3 freaking hours to download the update and game. Started playing and created my character. As soon as I started the game, character, npc, weapon and almost all sound effects DO NOT work. I can NOT hear the NPC's talk during dialogue; they don't even move their mouth. I have tried power cycling, reseting the box to factory default, rebooting, deleting game and reinstalling, making new characters, sending out customer service tickets, emailing, posting on several forums, and pretty much everything but returning the game to gamestop. I want my game to work and I want to know why I can't hear any of the dialogue or sound effects at all any point and time. What can I do besides return the game? I have tried everything and I'm feeling like this is a HUGE waste of my time and money. HELP
  • Evro101
    Evro101
    Soul Shriven
    This is the Technical Support Forum....Guessing its being moved to the Don't Care Forum, at least by the service me and EVERYONE else has got. Err should say has NOT got...When we post in the Technical Support forum, it means we need technical support /sigh, and these are the people we have to rely on for assistance....we are screwed :(
  • Hlaadriel
    Hlaadriel
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid question, but have you checked that your tv is not on mute? checked that the cables are connected correctly etc... Game is working for 2 million people on XBONE, so might wanna double check simpel stuff...
  • sratengel
    sratengel
    I know and yes I have checked the tv and all cords... Nothing works :(
  • Qael
    Qael
    ✭✭✭
    Evro101 wrote: »
    This is the Technical Support Forum....Guessing its being moved to the Don't Care Forum, at least by the service me and EVERYONE else has got. Err should say has NOT got...When we post in the Technical Support forum, it means we need technical support /sigh, and these are the people we have to rely on for assistance....we are screwed :(

Just an FYI, the fact that a member of the team moved it hear should be hint enough that they are looking into the issue. Being an avid MMO player for about 13 years now, I can tell you with full confidence that the team at Zenimax has been the best yet at listening to their player base and fixing issues quickly.
  • sratengel
    sratengel
    When the ESO team sends me replies on my customer service tickets, its just the same automated message everytime. They tell me that they are sorry my npcs are invisible (WHICH IS NOT MY PROBLEM) and to try power cycling which in my message I go into complete detail about everything being correct and trying all that.