The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

"Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."

• MacPhreak
    MacPhreak
    *Bumpin'*

(Here's a thought, if Zenimax put in half the effort that I do bumping this thread then this problem would have been fixed a long time ago.)

Just saying....
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm login and DC issue due to no Internet are still happening for me
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

"Did I pay full price for a beta?" ...
  • Zsteelo
    Zsteelo
    I fixed mine by changing my ISP, before I could only load into game 1 in 9 tries, now it loads first time every time.
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hard to see it as my isp when all my other online games work.

WoW, Planetside 2, GTAO, Diablo 3, MGO3, Battlefield 4 and the list goes on.

Able to login first try and stay logged with all my other games, PS4 and laptop.
    Cant do that with ESO.

Also, we shouldnt have to change isps just to play ESO .
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Its good to see the 2 day extended hardware maintenance fixed nothing and long load screens and DCs at load screens are still present.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• Aces-High-82
    Aces-High-82
    ✭✭✭
    Bloody hell, can't login on EU server after being disco while entering Cyro.
    FIX YOUR SERVERS GODDAMNIT....
  • orlan
    orlan
    Getting the same thing now location i'm trying to jump to is Alik'r Desert but its been trying to request character load for last 10mins.

Great job they did yesterday, NOT.
  • danieldewoeste
    I cant log in ,eu server us server i can
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    1. What platform are you on?
    2. What server are you logging into?
    3. Have you been able to play before?
    4. Were you able to play after seeing this error?
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?
    6. Are you able to successfully log in on a different server?

We know this is a lot of information, but we appreciate your assistance!

PC EU
    Yes
    No
    Upon Login
    No
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back in game now. Had a very small rollback it seems too...
  • corbenloomis13rwb17_ESO
    Currently, for me, these symptoms only happen when my character is in Cyrodiil. If I join Cyrodiil through a PvE area (Deshaan, Grahtwood, Craglorn, etc) I can roam Cyrodiil until I find a battle. The game freezes, then I have to wait a minute for it to log me off. When I try to log in on that character again it either takes several minutes to load or it fails to load, thus giving the Invalid Connection Error. When I finally load back in I experience extreme lag. If I can get to the wayshrine to teleport to a PvE area again all of the symptoms stop. I have tested this by having one character in Cyrodiil and one in a PvE area. It takes several minutes to join the Cyrodiil character, on the other hand, it takes a usual load time.

I do have very bad internet (5mbps connection speed maximum), but I can play other games just fine.
  • HIghwayRobberBill
    Thanks for the reports, folks! We wanted to ask a few questions. Those who are seeing "Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection."
    5. Are you getting kicked from the game with this message or seeing it upon your login attempt?

We know this is a lot of information, but we appreciate your assistance!

ps4
    NA
    Yes i have been able to play before
    yes i was able to play after the error
    i am getting kicked from the game with this message.
    yes i am able to successfully log in on a different server
    [PS4] captainSNAKA
    v16 breton nightblade - HighwayRobberBill
    v16 dunmer Dragonknight - JimmyTheTuplip
    v16 redgaurd templar - Vixen
    v16 altmer sorcerer - Hermoine G

• Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: posted in Wrong Forum
    Edited by Casdha on November 8, 2015 2:56AM
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Speijk
    Speijk
    Soul Shriven
    I can logg in but when iam logged in iam experiencing extreme lag spikes interacting with npc's takes up to 5 seconds. When iam in combat i cant cast or if i cast it takes a couple of seconds or i get an sudden DC. ESO is the only game i have trouble with. rest of the games i have no trouble with being and staying online with no lag at all.

iam playing this game for 2 weeks now and its a shame i can not return this game to the store.

I think its in potential a Great game but due to lag and DC's it has become unplayable for me.

Hopefully in the near future they will resolve all this crap....
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I ran across this thread, didn't read the whole thing but have any of you tried a ping test and leave it running until it errors out again? Kinda surprising ZoS does not appear to be suggesting that. You have to run a ping from a PC unless you know of another way to do it.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »
    So I ran across this thread, didn't read the whole thing but have any of you tried a ping test and leave it running until it errors out again? Kinda surprising ZoS does not appear to be suggesting that. You have to run a ping from a PC unless you know of another way to do it.

You miss the point. Try looking for my posts, I talk about how ALL my other games on PS4 work online just fine. So its not us.

How can Eso be the ONLY game people are having trouble with yet other games login and stay logged in?

Also its a PS4 not a pc, we shouldnt have to troubleshoot a game. Consoles are plug n play.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Update: after a good long time of no DCs, I'm getting this again.

Tried to PvE then PvP, was able to login a few times but only lasted a min - a few mins.

Then back to DCs because I have no net issue.

PvP is also unplayable.

ESO should of stayed on PC.
    Edited by KYNG on December 1, 2015 6:46AM
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• KatzMainTank
    KatzMainTank
    ✭✭✭
    okay this is the 22nd time I've gotten the disconnected with this ridiculous message. Yes, I am keeping count. I've never lost connection to a game this consistently without a server being DDOS'd. If that's the issue, then tell us. If not, then acknowledge the issue is elsewhere. Anything. I was hoping my return to this game would be more fluid than this. Super disappointing...
    EP - V12 - Crafter
    EP - V1 - Stamina NB
    EP - 49 - Stamina Templar
    EP - 46 - StamSorc
    EP - 24 - ManaBlade
    DC - 26 - StamSorc

PSN: KMT_Drahc
    Left Eye Gang dueling guild recruiter, join us!
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, and its back again.

Get DC'd after loading screen upon selecting character.

Been a while since i posted here but its seems maintenance screwed something up for me.
    And before people say, "your net sux", I tested Planetside 2. Works fine, no DC.

So no its not me.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• Kitdragon2015
    Kitdragon2015
    Soul Shriven
    I took a break for a few months, came back and can't log in. I can stay at the log-in black/scene screen to even get my character until it times out. It can't be my internet, works perfectly for bloodborne gta Diablo etc. I'm on NA server but doesn't work for EU either. This is utter crap.
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    I took a break for a few months, came back and can't log in. I can stay at the log-in black/scene screen to even get my character until it times out. It can't be my internet, works perfectly for bloodborne gta Diablo etc. I'm on NA server but doesn't work for EU either. This is utter crap.

Yup, I love that ESO is as reliable as a blind driver.

Happening again for me too.

Error says I have no Internet.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• Kitdragon2015
    Kitdragon2015
    Soul Shriven
    KYNG wrote: »

Yup, I love that ESO is as reliable as a blind driver.

Happening again for me too.

Error says I have no Internet.

Yeah. Mine never stopped. I'm just gonna get realm reborn those servers work fine. Now to figure out how to unsubscribe...
  • feyreisa12
    feyreisa12
    ✭✭
    This has been happening to me since the Orsinium Upgrade in October. I also get kicked if I attempt to join a group or join a chat channel. It's constant and PvP is unplayable.

Had hope last night-actually logged in, was in Imperial Sewers, joined a group and group chat and was able to play for almost 2 hours before I got kicked and then could not log back in for more than 2 mins at a time before freezing and crashing again with the "cannot connect to game servers" message.

i have spent fruitless 2 months dealing with ESO support, Playstation Support, and my ISP support to no avail.

1. PS4 (wired connections from ISP to Playstation, 38mbps download, 2.4mbps upload)
    2. NA server
    3. I was able to play all since June thru Orsinium Update
    4. Not so much. After seeing this error a few things can happen: 1) I constantly get kicked every 2 mins after logging back in, or 2) I give up on PVP, exit all voice chat channels, go to some non-PVP area, and farm stuff/kill NPCs, which lowers kick rate to once every maybe 10 minutes
    5. Kicked from game with this message. I can always log in without a problem. It's staying logged in that has been impossible since Orsinium update.
    6. Haven't tried. Will try european server tonight and see.
    NA PS4 - Whitehotwilson - Guildmaster, Crafters & Traders
    Galerial - C160 High Elf Sorc
  • Kitdragon2015
    Kitdragon2015
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone know how to unsubscribe? Do I go to the deal and cancel? Cause it's automatic...I'm just confused, and tired of this ***. Great game but absolutely atrocious customer support so therefore I am done.
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Just a few weeks ago I could login no worries.

Seems every server maintenance zenimax royally screw something up.

Once again the "you have no Internet (but you actually do have Internet, our severs just suck)" error code pops up.

WTF do you guys at zenimax do to your servers each maintenance? One week I login no problem, next 2 maintenances I cant login as easy.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• MacPhreak
    MacPhreak
    I've all but given up on this now. I log in once every few weeks to see how log it takes until I get kicked (approx 10mins), then I don't even attempt to try and log back in. Too many other great games to waste my time in, like Fallout 4 for example.
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Was hoping maintenance would fix this issue.

First try after maintenance I was in, no lag.

Bought horse upgrade for 200g. Went to see if any research had completed ... DC.

Now after 6 attempts I cant get past character selection screen.

As maintenance was on going I DL'd updates for other games, played them online. Didnt DC once from MGS5, Planetside 2 or BF4.

And yet ESO tells me I have no net ...
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*

• Yaden101
    Yaden101
    I've been a person with constant connection issues with ESO since launch. I was also apart of this post ever since it was made. The way I fixed these issues was by changing the router+modem combination that Comcast provides. I bought a new router and modem seperately and now I never get disconnected.
  • Slayertim
    Slayertim
    Soul Shriven
    So sad to hear this crap is still happening, I was thinking about coming back :'(
  • KYNG
    KYNG
    ✭✭✭
    Yaden101 wrote: »
    I've been a person with constant connection issues with ESO since launch. I was also apart of this post ever since it was made. The way I fixed these issues was by changing the router+modem combination that Comcast provides. I bought a new router and modem seperately and now I never get disconnected.

Its great news you dont DC anymore, but consoles are Plug n Play. We shouldnt be changing out modems just to play a game.

My other point is ALL my online games dont DC me. At least nowhere near the frequency that ESO does.
    Which is why I lean so heavily on the idea that its not us, but zenimax.
    *Buys ESO*
    *Plays ESO*
    *Ponders*