Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling help

Airborn619
Ok, I know on the forums it probably isn't the best place to ask but I was wondering if anyone knew of any instant spawn mobs in the Ebon Heart pact region. My GT is Airborn619, if you don't want to reply on here.
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    no I personaly don't know them. but i do want to give a warning bout level grinding. Off all the total skillpoints available in game, only a small portion is for levelling up. The others are given for finding skyshards and for completing quests. So levelling by grinding mobs is perfectly viable, but criples your characters build severly.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ranique wrote: »
    no I personaly don't know them. but i do want to give a warning bout level grinding. Off all the total skillpoints available in game, only a small portion is for levelling up. The others are given for finding skyshards and for completing quests. So levelling by grinding mobs is perfectly viable, but criples your characters build severly.
    This. Many enemies scale to your level when you kick off a quest. If you've been grinding out mob-spawns, but not Questing and hunting for Skyshards, then you'll quickly fall behind as you'll have several necessary upgrades to powers and abilities, but will have a severe shortage of Skill Points to spend.

It's fine to grind here and there. Like if you've only got a little bit left until say... Dual-Wielding goes up one level; sure, I'd say go ahead and grind out for that last little bit of that one particular Skill, and you will still be OK. But don't do that same grind for many character levels.

Quests typically give you experience, some of them give you a Skill Point for free, others give you both of those plus lead you to a Skyshard during the course of the Quest.

All of this translates to having enough Skill points to keep several Skills rolling along with your leveling, and it makes sure you're of adequate power for late/end-game content.

So, I would highly recommend against spawn-grinding in TESO. It might work just fine in a game like Destiny, but in this game it will only put you at a severe disadvantage.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Robbie575
    Robbie575
    ✭✭✭
    If you focus on a specific set of skills, then you might be alright for a while, but, as said above, you'll have problems with endgame content without hunting for those Skyshards and doing all your quests.
    Xbox One NA server:
    Bayley Saur: Bosmer, Templar (AD)
    Constantine Mxyzptlk : Altmer, Sorcerer (EP)