Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy question.

PoseidonEvil
PoseidonEvil
✭✭✭
What is the point of ravage health/magicka. Haven't used it but sounds like it only debuffs you?
In-game ID: alchelvly
Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • Era
    Era
    None at present that I know of. There was discussion about there being poisons introduced at some point, but not heard anything on that for some time.

• Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    The point is that ESO is a role playing game. (in a massive pultiplayer environment). Just like in real life, some potions are good for you and some are bad for you.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interestingly enough, one of the Ravage potions (I can't remember which) is sometimes required for alchemy writs. I have no idea why they want you to craft something with no practical use, but they do for some reason...
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Interestingly enough, one of the Ravage potions (I can't remember which) is sometimes required for alchemy writs. I have no idea why they want you to craft something with no practical use, but they do for some reason...

Yes, sometimes a ravage potion is needed for writs.

Some ingredients seem to kinda meh and not useful in my usual potions.. And they seem to mostly make ravage potions.. I'll be using those plants up just to level an alt.

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and be warned. If you put skill points into Snakeblood it will ONLY negate effects that have a time associated with them. If a ravage potion says "instantly gives 1000 magicka and instantly ravages 1000 health, and ravages 500 health over 10 seconds" Snakeblood will ONLY negate the 500 ravage health. The instant ravage effect (1000 health in my made up example) will still happen, with snakeblood fully done (reduces DURATION of negative effects by 100%)

Aka - Snake blood does not help with instant effects.

And on that note.. snakeblood is kind of useless.. much better off to save your 3 skill points and just make potions with no negative effects.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord