The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

invisible NPC and creatures

ranttr332
ranttr332
Soul Shriven
This is a issue that needs to get fixed yes there is a workaround on it but logging out for 5 min when you can have on average a 5 to 10 min wait to get into the game can be a real problem the other day I had to wait almost half a hour for members of my party to log out and get back in because the creatures in a dungeon we were running were not appearing for then though they could still be attacked I REALLY hope and REALLY recommend you fix this MAJOR MAJOR problem ASAP
because I am and many other players are very annoyed with the currant workaround
  • paulh
    paulh
    Soul Shriven
    Had this same invisible npc issue in Davon watch fences couldn't interract with anyone.

I was also attacked by invisible goblins....quite awful, left a nasty rash.

Seems to have lots of bugs
  • paulh
    paulh
    Soul Shriven
    Almost forgot, going back to the Xbox one menu, quitting and reloading ESOL worked
  • chivalry64b16_ESO
    ranttr332 wrote: »
    This is a issue that needs to get fixed yes there is a workaround on it but logging out for 5 min when you can have on average a 5 to 10 min wait to get into the game can be a real problem the other day I had to wait almost half a hour for members of my party to log out and get back in because the creatures in a dungeon we were running were not appearing for then though they could still be attacked I REALLY hope and REALLY recommend you fix this MAJOR MAJOR problem ASAP
    because I am and many other players are very annoyed with the currant workaround

Have to agree with you, really feel like I wasted $70

• TheTacticalFox
    TheTacticalFox
    Soul Shriven
    This is AWEFUL. I have 7 unfinished quests because it is easier to just forget about the quest than use the work around.
  • mpadams
    mpadams
    Soul Shriven
    Just had my first taste of this tonight for an NPC and at an anchor
  • tsnail22
    tsnail22
    Soul Shriven
    There is a problem with invisible NPC's and invisible enemy's. I'll be doing my usual adventuring and questing and such and I'll look at my compass and it'll show an enemy but I won't be able to see him then he will start to attack me and I can't see him or hit him back and I'll end up dying and such but I last a good wile because I'm a decently amazing player. Also I will be on a quest and I will need to talk to an NPC and I don't see them and then I wander over to where it says they should be on the compas and it says "talk to (enter in name)" and it won't let me. I will log out and go to bed because I gave up and log on in the morning and it'll end up working but in say 30 minutes or more it'll mess up again. This is a very annoying problem please fix this, Thank you.
  • Morota2005
    Morota2005
    Soul Shriven
    I am having the same issue. Invisible and uninteractive NPCs. Makes for a real drag.
  • Bacon
    Bacon
    ✭✭
    worst part is the "workaround" rarely works. First time I ran into this had to reboot 3 times (with about 10 minutes between shutting my console off and turning it back on). The goblins (and only the goblins) in Strous M'kai have been invisible for the last 3 days and multiple logins. Just ran into this again today on a new quest. Missing my Quest NPC and another NPC (to give me a new quest). I know it will be fixed eventually, its just getting old to keep running into it over and over again
    “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” ― Winston S. Churchill
  • Bacon
    Bacon
    ✭✭
    OK, on xbox, if you go to the dashboard. hit start and close the game. go to settings, go to DVD/Blu-Ray, the click "clear persistent memory. Once you restart the game your NPC's should be back. This will only work if you close the game completely before clearing the memory. No need to reboot the console.
    “I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.” ― Winston S. Churchill
  • Headberg2174
    Was going to post the same question. Happened to me just now. It shows the talk icon and when you click on it nothing. Also was getting attacked by invisible archers. I logged off and back on. Didn't work. Just powered down and going to wait to see if that fixes it.
    The Bible: The Best Fantasy Novel I ever read.