Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is Dringoth a Dragon?

Caspur
Caspur
✭✭✭
I was playing through the quest "Keeper of Bones" today and it has this funny NPC named Dringoth. The more I played through the quest I thought to myself that Dringoth used to be a dragon and is now trapped in an elven suit of bones. The other NPCs in the quest talk about how he used to destroy cities and there's a tome that talks about the great destroyer and the NPCs say the the cavern that the roots are in is Dringoths skull. There's also a buried talking dragon skull (can't remember his name) that calls Dringoth his friend and is worried about him. Anyone else think the same thing?
A place where everything and nothing exists, this is my playground.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm. Interesting theory.

I love how actually listening to things in this game lets you learn about the world and lore. ES lore can be spectacularly good.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dringoth and his family were immense immortals of some sort which could cause great destruction, but its unclear exactly what they were. They could have been dragons. Personally I think it's more likely that they were lesser aedra - lower in power level than the aedra who became the eight divines, but higher in power level than the ones that disappeared into the earth bones or the ones that degenerated into mortals.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure about him being a dragon. It could fit... but I think he is another form of entity.

Tiger skull
    bc-289-lg.jpg
    29ekxh5.jpg
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Caspur
    Caspur
    ✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Dringoth and his family were immense immortals of some sort which could cause great destruction, but its unclear exactly what they were. They could have been dragons. Personally I think it's more likely that they were lesser aedra - lower in power level than the aedra who became the eight divines, but higher in power level than the ones that disappeared into the earth bones or the ones that degenerated into mortals.

I like this idea also. I thought that for his skull to be that cavern he would have had to be a huge dragon compared to the ones I've heard or seen about in ES.

Shunravi wrote: »
    I'm not sure about him being a dragon. It could fit... but I think he is another form of entity.

Tiger skull
    bc-289-lg.jpg
    29ekxh5.jpg

Wouldn't a tiger be to small to destroy cities by walking through them and the skull would be to small to house a giant cavern? Unless, there were giant tigers? I'm not that knowledgeable on all ES lore.

• A5ko
    A5ko
    ✭✭✭
    Dringoth has the best NPC voice over in game.

Voice Accolade for Dringoth!
    A5ko ▪ High Elf ▪ Sorcerer ▪ Aldmeri Dominion ▪ XBOX One ▪ EU Megaserver

• tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dringoth was an Ehlnofey, not a dragon.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caspur wrote: »
    Wouldn't a tiger be to small to destroy cities by walking through them and the skull would be to small to house a giant cavern? Unless, there were giant tigers? I'm not that knowledgeable on all ES lore.

I'm not saying dringoth is a tiger... If I remember correctly he actually gathers bones into his form from his path. So that's not to dragon like. The cat skulls are likely from khajiit burials as this is a Senche Rhat, a variant of khajiit. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Khajiit
    Senche-raht-Khajiit.png
    Also, the one below the orchard isn't the biggest one...
    ibm5hk.jpg
    Edited by Shunravi on June 17, 2015 3:54PM
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

I has been a while since I've done it... Forgot they named his kind.
    Edited by Shunravi on June 17, 2015 3:59PM
  • Caspur
    Caspur
    ✭✭✭

Thank you. I just looked that up and now everything makes sense. Do you know how big the Ehlnofey were? Just curious and trying to picture them.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was he? I missed that they actually called that out. Well, that's actually very close to what my theory was, so I feel pretty good about that :)
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's an interesting theory, but likely not true.

His kind is described as immortal wanderers. That doesn't sound dragonlike. Dragons are highly territorial. They find a high peak to oversee thier hunting grounds and only come down to feed or to defend thier territory. They do travel if needed, but they don't do that if it can be avoided.

Also, the dissapearance of the dragons has not been as peacefull as thought by many. Realitiy is that most where whiped out. So that his kin decided to stop thier destructive way is also not inline with what the dragons did.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU