The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Execute command before login

Leju
Leju
Soul Shriven
Is there any way to run the "SetCVar("language.2", "br");" before the user logs in, because then the player could play the game without translated precissar start the same right through ESO.exe

If not otra question would be, would have to update the .lang file after the game has started, because today to update the .lang the player must return to the login screen and only then the .lang is updated

This is just to .lang created by translators, set standards that are en.lang, de.lang and fr.lang update usually only what I am creating which is br.lang and put inside the folder "Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\gamedata\lang" does not work but only .lang because the menus (which are the br_pregame.lua files and br_client.lua) update normally!

Could help me to create an easy way for players to apply translation, this is very important and all help is welcome!
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normaly, you only have to

- launch eso.exe instead of launcher
    - modify UserSettings.txt to set your language to "br" with line SET Language.2 "br"
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Leju
    Leju
    Soul Shriven
    But have some players who use the Launcher because of Steam then I wanted to make it easy for them!

• HaljaNifheim
    HaljaNifheim
    ✭✭
    Add-on code only executes on end of the character log-in events not the user/server login screens.
  • mak77
    mak77
    Soul Shriven
    I think this would deserve an "official" answer. If it would be possible to just drop a translated en.lang file into gamedata/lang, like it's possible for .str files, it would solve most troubles with localizing add-ons, and would allow to use the game normally from the launcher, without the need to manual edit any config file.

Is that change something that could be evaluated?
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    all the answers and methods have already being given on patchnotes and esoui.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Kaozu
    Kaozu
    ✭✭
    Leju wrote: »
    But have some players who use the Launcher because of Steam then I wanted to make it easy for them!

You can actually choose the .exe file to run with Steam (it will say "Non Steam game" on the friends list).