Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Traits learned in the description

AbaddonLive
I'm all about crafting, and my bank is filled to max with armorparts and weapons,
HOWEVER, there's no simple way to tell if I'm saving an armor with a trait I've already learned, without going in to "Research", looking up the already learned traits, back into "Deconstruct" and scroll down the list of armor/weapons that I carry on me/in my bank, and redo the procedure for every single weapon/armorpart.
It would save SO MUCH more time if there was a "Trait learned for crafting" on the ones you already learned.

Please look into this.
  • Jeddite_Eso
    research assistant addon
    Options
  • AbaddonLive
    ..And that work for ps4? ;)
    Options
  • Jeddite_Eso
    gl hf there ! :wink:
    anyway what i can advise you since i did same as you when i started..
    dont keep so many there are guild stores and there are enough drops, sell/other the items while you level and if you dont have any in you at the time needed just go to nearest guild store and get one
    Edited by Jeddite_Eso on June 17, 2015 11:22AM
    Options
  • ShadoStalk3r
    I use an android app called ESO Toolkit. It keeps track of my traits, learned styles, my horses, champion system etc. It even has a timer on it to tell you when you can research again.
    PS4 EU Server
    PSN: ShadoStalk3r_
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use an android app called ESO Toolkit. It keeps track of my traits, learned styles, my horses, champion system etc. It even has a timer on it to tell you when you can research again.

Yup, that app is pretty cool. Check it out

Unfortunately yeah.. add-ons are currently the answer to this, therefore it only helps out PC. Check out the app though! Handy dandy - for more than just research items.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • cdshively
    cdshively
    Soul Shriven
    I like the suggestion to add an indicator to the deconstruct screen to tell you whether you know the trait or not. To keep it simple, ESO could use the same color scheme under Research. Simply color the Trait Name on the Deconstruct screen.
    • White = Not Known
    • Gold = Known
    • Blue = Researching
    Options
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    Great idea, and I have a further request for console players: Allow us to tag items in our inventory for deconstruct, research, or trash (sell)--maybe we could even have an ability to choose an item and move it to a bag labeled as such--it would still count towards inventory, just be organized. I'm doing all 6 crafts as I go, and right now getting my inventory straight as far as what I want to keep/deconstruct/sell/research is a headache.
    I have some armors I am keeping because I love the look of them and don't want to let go.
    I have some armors/weapons I am keeping to research, or if they are researched to then deconstruct.
    I have some armors/weapons I am keeping as backups if my other items get too beat up/worn; or they are my best pieces of armor but I'm saving them for when I do a dungeon or something I find challenging.

I guess what I'm saying is I can organize my inventory better for my individual purposes than ZOS could, and if you give me the freedom to create "bags within bags", where the new bags don't take up inventory, then I can organize my stuff the way I want and spend 15 minutes less per day standing in front of the crafting tables and trying to remember which piece of armor was for what.

Sidenote: guild banks are still messed up; our group just got one, and we can't find a way to stack like materials (nirnroot, or natural water, etc.) into less slots. I would like it also if when I log back on the system remembers which guild bank I was accessing last time, instead of going to the top of alphabetical order. I'm going to have to drop out of my other guilds if this can't be fixed. Help me, Zenimax-Kenobi; you're my only hope.
    Options
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    @fancyTuna8: You can always rt click on items in inventory and select "Junk". That will move them to the Junk tab in your bag. I know it's not really what you want, but its something.

Also the only way to stack stuff in the Guild Bank is to take it out and stack it in your bag and then put it back. There's add-ons for that on PC.
    Edited by Tarukmockto on July 7, 2015 9:37PM
    NA - DC - DK - PC
    Options
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the Junk info. Now, I feel stupid, but I did try to remove items from guild bank into my inventory, hoping it would stack them automatically. Is that on options choice? Need help stacking!
    Options
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Once in your inventory, you just drag and drop on top to stack. it won't do it automatically.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
    Options
  • FancyTuna8
    FancyTuna8
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell, I can't do any of that on xbox. I'm guessing what you mentioned is all available on PC? appreciate the info, either way. But I definitely don't see a "Junk" option in my inventory.
    Options