Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DAOC vet giving this a try

Purecarnagge
Purecarnagge
Soul Shriven
saw the game and figured the pvp was worth the go!! Really confused on what classes to play. I did really well at kiting and the CC seems very different from watching streams, alot of zergs though. Does group vs group exist? I really just want to level up and hold my own...I want to minimize downtime!

I like high dps ranged damage dealers. In DAOC I played cleric, druid, BM, RM, Shaman. I ran in some solid 8v8 groups on mordred, kay, perc, MLF, etc. If someone wouldn't mind giving me the lay of the land its been awhile since I've given a MMO a go.

I also don't understand the factions here... there doesn't seem to be an interactive map...is there POP balance issues on the pvp front? I don't want to join a significant underdog...I dont' want to just roll with the zerg either...but DAOC was skewed badly between realms...

Any help is appreciated.
  • rikimm16_ESO
    rikimm16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    saw the game and figured the pvp was worth the go!! Really confused on what classes to play. I did really well at kiting and the CC seems very different from watching streams, alot of zergs though. Does group vs group exist? I really just want to level up and hold my own...I want to minimize downtime!

I like high dps ranged damage dealers. In DAOC I played cleric, druid, BM, RM, Shaman. I ran in some solid 8v8 groups on mordred, kay, perc, MLF, etc. If someone wouldn't mind giving me the lay of the land its been awhile since I've given a MMO a go.

I also don't understand the factions here... there doesn't seem to be an interactive map...is there POP balance issues on the pvp front? I don't want to join a significant underdog...I dont' want to just roll with the zerg either...but DAOC was skewed badly between realms...

Any help is appreciated.

If you like kitting, the sorc is perfect for you, you'll have "Bolt Escape" that will create an instant gap between you and the enemy and you can cast if several times to short gaps or create them at will. All classes can hold on their own, but right now the NB and the Sorc are at the top of the food chain.

For DPS, sorc is very good to (PvP-wise), although all 4 classes can hold their own... except that the templar and DK don't have an escape ability so they will fight until they die or win. All the classes you played on DAoC are magicka based (except the BM), all four classes in ESO can be spec on magicka and be viable, but the sorc class can get defense plus damage as a magicka only spec.

There are a few small group combats, but the trend right now is joining the zerg and just follow the leader (very disappointing).

There are population imbalances here as well, mostly because the big guild on each faction play on different time zone. So, EP dominate most of them during prime time, followed by AD; DC is pretty much the underdog IMO (even if DC have pop lock).

Hope this helps
  • Purecarnagge
    Purecarnagge
    Soul Shriven
    It does, Thanks!

one last question? to pvp do you need to be level 50 and all maxed out? I don't want to run out and get rolled...I'm downloading atm.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does, Thanks!

one last question? to pvp do you need to be level 50 and all maxed out? I don't want to run out and get rolled...I'm downloading atm.

you are scaled up to lvl 50, just dont have the advantages of 50 levels of skill points
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend