Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Havent seen main quest for 2 days.

Anguished
Anguished
✭✭
The last story mission I did was rescuing lyris, getting her armour and stuff.
I've done a couple normal quests but their in the mid 20's now. I'm only 19 and its getting kinda hard.
How or when do my main story quests activate? I'm getting bored of not knowing how or when they come around, I often find myself playing other games because I'm not feeling Any major progression or fondness of the story. It's too spread out to feel invested in it.
Edited by Anguished on June 16, 2015 2:01PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anguished wrote: »
    I've done a couple normal quests but their in the mid 20's now. I'm only 19 and its getting kinda hard.
    How or when do my main story quests activate? I'm getting bored of not knowing how or when they come around, I often find myself playing other games because I'm not feeling Any major progression or fondness of the story. It's too spread out to feel invested in it.

They come every 5 character levels. Level 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and so on.
  • Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »

So there's only 10 story missions?

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

..Yes... but.. there is also a main story line that goes throughout the zones of your faction. As well, the last zone (that everyone visits.. it's not actually your factions zone) has a questline you must complete before you can actually get the final main story quest.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Ranique
    Ranique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you certain that the last one you did was resque Lyris??
    That one plays at level 10. At level 15 you get a quest called "chasing shadows". You are sent to the main town (close to the harborage), enter a house, and through a trapdoor into a hidden cave. There you kill some baddies and a boss and get some info. It is rather short and unchallenging compared to the others, so you might not have seen it as a main storyline quest.

The one after that should start at level 20.

If you have trouble with level 20 quests at level 19, you should wonder bout your build. If you are running around with outdated armor (like 5 levels or more below you), then that is your problem. If thats ok, it might have to do with the passive effect you have chosen or the skills you use. To me, such a situation is a sign for me that I need to reconsider the things I have chosen (and yip almost all my characters reached that point). You can always visit the respec shrines in your alliances capital.
    Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.

PC player - EU
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

..Yes... but.. there is also a main story line that goes throughout the zones of your faction. As well, the last zone (that everyone visits.. it's not actually your factions zone) has a questline you must complete before you can actually get the final main story quest.

@Anguished I posted this in another thread, but it may help you understand the setup a bit more, so I copied it into here as well:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    There are essentially two parts to the "Main" quest in ESO:
    1. The part that is specifically called the "Main Story", which you get every 5 levels (at Level 5/10/15 etc) from the Prophet in the Harborage;
    2. The part that is the main storyline for your alliance, called the "Alliance Story", which takes place in the Alliance Zones. These are chained together one after the other.
    It is hard to tell in-game whether a quest is part of the zone's Alliance Story or if it is a Side Quest in that zone, as they are both just listed under the zone name.

When you reach Level 43, the Main Story and Alliance Story join together to lead you through the final levelling zone.

For more info, see the UESP pages on Main Quest and Story Quests
    For details on all quests, Start Here.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Anguished
    Anguished
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

@Anguished I posted this in another thread, but it may help you understand the setup a bit more, so I copied it into here as well:
    There are essentially two parts to the "Main" quest in ESO:
    1. The part that is specifically called the "Main Story", which you get every 5 levels (at Level 5/10/15 etc) from the Prophet in the Harborage;
    2. The part that is the main storyline for your alliance, called the "Alliance Story", which takes place in the Alliance Zones. These are chained together one after the other.
    It is hard to tell in-game whether a quest is part of the zone's Alliance Story or if it is a Side Quest in that zone, as they are both just listed under the zone name.

When you reach Level 43, the Main Story and Alliance Story join together to lead you through the final levelling zone.

For more info, see the UESP pages on Main Quest and Story Quests
    For details on all quests, Start Here.

Ah right thanks, wish there was soome sort of indication to this. I just thought 'damn these side quests go on forever' lol.
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's also the Mages and Fighters guild quests to do that activate in each zone. Both have an ongoing storyline with good rewards.
  • SCAGNETTI4691
    I have this problem with the mages quest line, i,ve only done 1 I think and im lvl 20 now.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have this problem with the mages quest line, i,ve only done 1 I think and im lvl 20 now.
    @SCAGNETTI4691 Mages Guild quests are unlocked every rank, so the second quest requires Mages Guild Rank 2, the third requires Rank 3, etc up to 5. To increase your rank, you need to find the blue glowing lorebooks.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp