Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CE-34878-0 error

markvian
markvian
Soul Shriven
I haven't been able to play because I get this error!
What can I do to fix it?
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    Join the club. Per ZOS Mods here, it's Sony's fault. :eyesroll:
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    RACE: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Server: NA (North America)
    Client: PS4
    PSN: Derwin0

Due to frequent crashes, I asked PSN for a refund. I might rebuy the game if they ever get their act together.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    A google search on that error code makes interesting reading
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• mpec82
    mpec82
    OzJohnD wrote: »

Could you please explain?
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, folks. This article from Sony's official knowledge base may help clarify: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5111/~/ps4:-error-codes
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    mpec82 wrote: »

ummm ... you know, like ... put CE-34878-0 into your favourite search engine and see what information comes up in your search list ?
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

• mpec82
    mpec82

ummm ... you know, like ... put CE-34878-0 into your favourite search engine and see what information comes up in your search list ?

Don't take it the wrong way but your answer is useless almost like the answers of the ZOS admin/moderators.

Is there something specific we should look for when searching?
  • DirtyDubs
    DirtyDubs
    ✭✭
    From Sony's website:

CE-34878-0
    CE-36329-3 An error has occurred with an application or system software.

Step 1: Close the application, install the latest system software and game update, and restart the system.

Step 2: If a PS Camera is connected to the system, remove it and reboot the system, then go to [Settings] > [User] > [Login Settings] and turn "Enable Face Recognition" OFF.

Step 3: If you have upgraded the Hard Disk Drive (HDD) in your console, please re-install the original HDD.

Step 4: If the error occurs again, back up your saved data, and then go to [Settings] > [Initialization] and choose [Initialize PS4].

Step 5: If the error continues and occurs with every application, or as soon as the application starts, please contact PlayStation Support.
  • derwin0
    derwin0
    So the answer is to wipe everything from you PS4 and hope that it works, which in several cases it hasn't.
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    RACE: Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Server: NA (North America)
    Client: PS4
    PSN: Derwin0

Due to frequent crashes, I asked PSN for a refund. I might rebuy the game if they ever get their act together.
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭

Don't take it the wrong way but your answer is useless almost like the answers of the ZOS admin/moderators.

Is there something specific we should look for when searching?

sorry ... I obviously should have cut and pasted from my own google search. I didn't mean it was useful reading, just that it was interesting reading