Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

leveling vampire

DoubleShot27
is there any way to fast level to 6 ?
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just gain xp. It's the only way to do it.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if you're low level (ie. below level 38, which is the intended level to do the vampire quest) it's going to take you a very long time to level it, because it's designed to level based on the amount of XP a level 38+ would be getting.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • OzJohnD
    OzJohnD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have a vamp skill on your ability bar at all time and it will level, but slowly. As you gain more vamp skills add them to your ability bar and the leveling rate increases slightly. There is no way to powerlevel a vamp - unlike the werewolf that levels based on kills while in WW form and therefore grinding rapidly respawning mobs can help, the vamp leveling is slow and steady.

Did you vamp too early ? ... the fire susceptibility will be frustrating as you play the game at low levels with few skills.

I tried, for the sake of it, with a low level archer (dark elf for fire resist) and found it no fun at all - but that's my personal experience. I enjoy the challenge of being a V9 vamp being smashed by fire wielding mobs - I vamp'ed him at about lvl 45 planning on doing so right from creation (I set up my appearance to look like a classical vampire from creation)

Patience is the key.
    Edited by OzJohnD on June 16, 2015 12:56AM
    Everyone knows the phenomenon of trying to hold your breath underwater - how at first it's alright and you can handle it, and then as it gets closer and closer to the time when you must breathe, how urgent the need becomes, the lust and the hunger to breathe. And then the panic sets in when you begin to think that you won't be able to breathe - and finally, when you take in air and the anxiety subsides...that's what it's like to be a vampire and need blood.

Francis Ford Coppola - BS Dracula: The Film and the Legend

• IamKJ
    IamKJ
    Which server/Platform are you on if I may ask?
  • DoubleShot27
    yea i thought so i got it at 24 thanks for the info fellas
  • Neurotoxus
    Neurotoxus
    Soul Shriven
    Gasp! Give me vampire :P
  • DoubleShot27
    im only level 2 sry
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    And if you're low level (ie. below level 38, which is the intended level to do the vampire quest) it's going to take you a very long time to level it, because it's designed to level based on the amount of XP a level 38+ would be getting.

^This

The best way is to use your abilities as often as possible. I'm currently a rank 2 vamp. I use Drain Essence on every enemy I face, and if you make it a habit you will level "faster". But it's a grind.
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar